Review: taking Claritin and NyQuil together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Claritin and NyQuil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Claritin and NyQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Claritin and NyQuil >>>
On Feb, 25, 2015: 37 people who take Claritin, NyQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Claritin (loratadine)
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Pruritus||Cerebrovascular Accident Nos|
|Palpitations||Blood Pressure Increased|
|Mental Impairment Nos|
|Psychotic Disorder Nos|
|Mental Disorder Nos|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Anxiety Nec||Cerebrovascular Accident Nos|
|Pain Nos||Emotional Distress|
|Blood Pressure Increased||Pain Nos|
|Cerebrovascular Accident Nos||Blood Pressure Increased|
|Emotional Distress||Anxiety Nec|
|Mental Impairment Nos||Mental Impairment Nos|
|Pruritus||Sore Throat Nos|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Fatigue|
|Drug Screen Positive||Abnormal Behaviour Nos|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||Psychotic Disorder Nos||Drug Screen Positive||Hypophosphataemia||Pain||Pruritus||n/a|
|Hallucination Nos||Bronchospasm Nos||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Rash|
|Dehydration||Sore Throat Nos||Palpitations|
|Abnormal Behaviour Nos||Fatigue||Dyspnoea|
|Disturbance In Attention Nec||Abdominal Pain Upper|
|Dyskinesia Nec||Erythema Nec|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Claritin and NyQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Claritin and NyQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Prilosec, Claritin for a 48-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Acid Reflux, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Fatigue - Chronic
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Proair Hfa, Niacin And Niacinamide, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium for a 55-year old woman with Allergies, Multiple Allergies, Irt Test, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heel Pain
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Claritin (loratadine) is often used to treat allergies. Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat the flu. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Claritin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Claritin alternatives:
- Nyquil alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.