Review: Claritin and NyQuil
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Claritin and NyQuil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Claritin and NyQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Claritin and NyQuil >>>
What are the drugs
Claritin (latest outcomes from 24,190 users) has active ingredients of loratadine. It is often used in allergies.
Nyquil (latest outcomes from 1,133 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cough.
On Nov, 24, 2014: 37 people who take Claritin, NyQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Claritin (loratadine)
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Pruritus||Cerebrovascular Accident Nos|
|Palpitations||Blood Pressure Increased|
|Mental Impairment Nos|
|Psychotic Disorder Nos|
|Mental Disorder Nos|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Anxiety Nec||Cerebrovascular Accident Nos|
|Pain Nos||Emotional Distress|
|Blood Pressure Increased||Pain Nos|
|Cerebrovascular Accident Nos||Blood Pressure Increased|
|Emotional Distress||Anxiety Nec|
|Mental Impairment Nos||Mental Impairment Nos|
|Pruritus||Sore Throat Nos|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Fatigue|
|Drug Screen Positive||Abnormal Behaviour Nos|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||Psychotic Disorder Nos||Drug Screen Positive||Hypophosphataemia||Pain||Pruritus||n/a|
|Hallucination Nos||Bronchospasm Nos||Deep Vein Thrombosis||Rash|
|Dehydration||Sore Throat Nos||Palpitations|
|Abnormal Behaviour Nos||Fatigue||Dyspnoea|
|Disturbance In Attention Nec||Abdominal Pain Upper|
|Dyskinesia Nec||Erythema Nec|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Claritin and NyQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Claritin and NyQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Claritin and NyQuil
- support group for people who take Claritin
- support group for people who take NyQuil
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Am taking symbicort for copd, woke up with sinus discomfort, can i use fluticasone nasal spray
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has COPD, and takes Claritin Reditabs, CoQ10, Lovastatin, Tudorza Pressair, Lisinopril, Symbicort)
Developing sinus infection. Can I use fluticasone nasal spray
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does calritin or loratidine cause fainting?
(Asked by a 31 year old man who has Rash Scaly, Syncope, and takes Claritin)
31 year old healthy male, never takes any medications and rarely gets sick had a bad allergy season and took Claritin (24 hr) once daily for two months. Randomly had a syncope/fainting episode and a week later still feeling lightheaded/fainting feeling. Also has random bumpy rash on right elbow. ...
- I have been taking bactrim 800/160mg for one week, and since i have been taking it i have more intense cramps and heavier bleeding for a few hours after taking it?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Heavier Bleeding, More Intense Menstrual Cramps, and takes Loratadine)
I have an abnormal menstrual cycle due to endometriosis, and am not on any form of contraceptive at this time. I normally have light bleeding every day, but after taking the medication I bleed more and cramp more.
- Does budénoside influence ecg behaviour?
(Asked by a 10 year old boy who has ECG Abnormal, and takes Loratadine, Triamcinolone)
Exercing sport activities may be enhenced when ECG is abnormal for a child of 10 years old?
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has Cellulitis And Clindamycin, Urge Incontinance, Hyperacidity, Beta-thalassemia Minor, Degenerative Joint Disease, Post-thyroidectomy, Non-cardiac Chest Pain, and takes Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Dimenhydrinate, Calcium, Loratadine, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Oxybutynin Chloride)
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Claritin (loratadine) is often used to treat allergies. Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat common cold. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Claritin is used in:
- Nyquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Claritin alternatives:
- Nyquil alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Famotidine, Prednisone, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Proair Hfa, Flonase, Acetaminophen, Mucinex, Loratadine, Carafate, Flovent, Ipratropium Bromide, Lovenox for a patient with Hiatal Hernia, Pulmonary Congestion, Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, Deficiency Anaemia, Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose, Pain, Lung/pulmonary Congestion, Esophagitis, Lung Cancer - Non-small Cell, Emphysema, Blood Clots. The patient has Runny Nose, Upper Respiratory Tract Congestion, Malignant Pleural Effusion
Comments: Not sure what to use & not use. Conflicting resources.congestion seems to all come from running nose.
- A study of drug interactions between Fetzima, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Loratadine, Seroquel, Lamotrigine, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Levaquin, Oxycontin for a patient with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Acid Reflux, Nervous System Disorder, Allergic Cough, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Anxiety Disorder, Pain - Back, Chronic Bronchitis, Crps. The patient has Pulse Abnormal, Shakes, Fever, Chills, Chest Tightness, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Cough, Weakness
Comments: I just had surgery on my left calf 11/03/14 and the infection disease center called today and said I had NOCARDIA growth.
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension. The patient has Heat Exhaustion
Comments: also take Phentermine 37.5 mg
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Abilify, Clonidine for a patient with Allergies, Adhd.
Comments: I was wondering how the drugs given to my young stepdaughter work together. Because she takes these medications I do not feel comfortable giving her other types of over the counter medications such as acetamenaphine, ibuprofen, etc.
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a patient with Common Cold. The patient has Burning Eyes
Comments: Itching burning hot eyelids
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.