Review: Clonazepam and Zopiclone drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Clonazepam and Zopiclone. It is created by eHealthMe based on 961 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,036 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Zopiclone (latest outcomes from 7,039 users) has active ingredients of eszopiclone. It is often used in insomnia.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 961 people who reported to have interactions when taking Clonazepam, Zopiclone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Clonazepam (clonazepam)
- Zopiclone (eszopiclone)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Clonazepam, Zopiclone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dysgeusia (disorder of the sense of taste)||154|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||128|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||78|
|Headache (pain in head)||73|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Clonazepam, Zopiclone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||4|
|Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder (a mental health condition in which a person is preoccupied with rules, orderliness, and control)||4|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Zopiclone (eszopiclone) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Clonazepam is used in:
- Zopiclone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Clonazepam alternatives:
- Zopiclone alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
Symptoms have been going on for three years. Doctor's have done MRI's, CT's, Ultrasounds, and several lab test. They have yet to find any cause for the nausea, vomiting and dizziness. Only thing they have not tried is discontinuing some of the medicine.
I am a 60 year old with GERDS post Nissan Fundoplication and still suffer from extreme regurgitation with aspiration into the bronchial tubes and lungs. The abdominal pain, bloating and weight gain increase the symptoms especially at night and early morning. I wake due to Hypoxia, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and Restless leg syndrome, needless to say I am at my wits end
There lots I missed but I had seizure 3 yrs ago and now got post traumatic Encephalomalacia
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- By Cuervo: What forms of pain management are there for torn rotator cuff?
This is a ten year old injury, my first MRI was in 2005, didn't find anything significant. November 2013 2nd MRI shows significant tear as well as bursitis? My Dr really hasn't tried to manage the pain.
- By Ann: What medication can i add to viibryd
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Lunesta, Zantac 150, Albuterol, Duragesic-25, Symbicort, Cozaar, Zofran, Lortab, Lyrica, Synthroid, Klonopin, Lasix, Tegretol, Nexium, Aricept, Requip, Phenergan for a patient with Depression, Insomnia, Reflux Gastritis, Asthma, Pain, Hypertension, Nausea, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety, Edema, Facial Pain, Dementia. The patient has Dizziness, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Asparatate Chelated Minerals, Multivitamin, Calcium D - Glucarate, Xopenex Hfa, Clonazepam, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Advair Diskus 500/50, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Montelukast Sodium, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Methylprednisolone, Dexilant, Lunesta for a patient with General Physical Condition, Osteoporosis Post-menopausal, Bronchial Asthma, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Restless Leg Syndrome, Allery, Gerds, Allergy Prophylaxis, Herpes Dermatitis, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Gerd. The patient has Weight Increased, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Truvada, Sustiva, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Lorazepam, Clonazepam for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Hiv Infection, Depression, Sleep Depraved. The patient has Depression Post-operative, Dry Mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.