Review: Coumadin and Flomax
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Coumadin and Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,230 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
On Apr, 7, 2014: 2,230 people who reported to have interactions when taking Coumadin, Flomax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium)
- Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Coumadin, Flomax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||1,094|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||875|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||715|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||582|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||528|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Coumadin, Flomax:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||40|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||24|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||14|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (sudden death of some brain cells due to lack of oxygen when the blood flow to the brain is impaired by blockage or rupture)||12|
|Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness)||10|
|Syncope (loss of consciousness with an inability to maintain postural tone)||9|
|Subdural Haematoma (blood collects between the skull and the surface of the brain)||8|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation
- Multiple myeloma
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
If the study doesn't answer your question, you can:
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) is often used to treat enlarged prostate. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
- Flomax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Coumadin alternatives:
- Flomax alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
I am having muscle pains in my legs due one of these drugs or a combination of
these drugs. Searching for an answer to my leg pain problem.
I am just trying to see if these drugs will interact together to cause erectile dysfunction
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have been taking prozak for 3 months and have now been diagnosed with sinus brady cardia
I have been taking Prozac for 3 months and have started having trouble breathing since 30 days afterwards but much worse in the last month or so. Went for a EKG and was diagnosed with sinus bradycardia.
- Is it safe to use juice plus whilst taking warfarin
Is it safe to take the two together? As I have heard that juice plus can help people with dvt but I have also heard that it can hinder them what is the truth?
- Can i take any pain medicine with coumadin
What pain medicine can I take with Coumadin I've only been on it for two days and am not sure if I can take any pain medicine
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Folic Acid, Flomax, Coumadin, Cozaar for a patient with Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Prostate Infection, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Zantac 75, Warfarin Sodium, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax for a patient with Enlarged Prostate, Gerd, Blood Clots, Arterial Disorder, Bladder Disorder. The patient has Decreased Platelets
- A study of drug interactions between Ranitidine Hydrochloride, Aspirin, Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide, Donepezil, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium, Finasteride, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone for a patient with Acid Reflux, Heart Rate Abnormal, Swelling, Dementia Alzheimer's Type, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Depressed Mood, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Irregular Heartbeat, Clotting Factor Transfusion, Blood Thinner, Lung Carcinoma Cell Type Unspecified Recurrent.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Rapaflo, Flomax for a 69-year old man who has Poor Flow And Not Complete Voiding
- Comparions of Orencia, Coumadin for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
- Comparions of Warfarin Sodium, Pradaxa for a 64-year old woman who has A-fib
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.