From FDA reports: drug interactions between Coumadin and Glucosamine Sulphate
This is a real world study of Coumadin and Glucosamine Sulphate drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 276 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: a drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question? On eHealthMe, we invite your personal health network to answer your question. Start now
What are the drugs
Coumadin has active ingredients of warfarin sodium. It is used in blood clots, atrial fibrillation/flutter, deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, heart valve surgery, stroke.
Glucosamine sulphate has active ingredients of glucosamine sulfate. It is used in arthritis.
On Jun, 12, 2013: 276 people who reported to have interactions when taking Coumadin, Glucosamine Sulphate are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium)
- Glucosamine Sulphate (glucosamine sulfate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Coumadin, Glucosamine Sulphate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|8||Cardiac Failure Congestive||43|
|10||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||42|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Coumadin, Glucosamine Sulphate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Multiple myeloma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Glucosamine Sulphate (glucosamine sulfate) is often used to treat arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
- Glucosamine sulphate is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Coumadin alternatives:
- Glucosamine sulphate alternatives:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- Does smoking marijuana while being treated for periperal artery disease worsen the disease?
(for a 61 year old woman who has Peripheral Artery Disease, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Pletal, Lipitor, Ambien, Atenolol, Wellbutrin Xl)
I've had two bi-femoral bypass grafts that have failed due to over-healing. I have a stent in my left leg and the right leg has had to find it's own blood flow as a stent couldn't be introduced. I have burning pain in my toes in the right leg. It is like the pain I had when my toes turned black 3 ...
(Members of the personal health network: 5,318)
- Can a heart bypass surgery causes gangrene on the left leg?
(for a 42 year old man who has Coronary Artery Bypass, and takes Warfarin Sodium)
Patient was a smoker prior to the heart bypass, 2 days after the surgery the left foot turned gangrene and was amputated. The drugs the doctor administered were Warfarin Sodium, ciprobay, aldactone, lasix, lipitor, amiodarone, panadeine, controloc, cardiprin, celebrex
(Members of the personal health network: 1,046)
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Cartia Xt, Topamax, Prevacid, Metformin Hcl, Celebrex, Duragesic-100, Lasix, Warfarin Sodium, Cymbalta, Furosemide, Lisinopril, Glucosamine Sulfate, Diltiazem, Unknown Medication, Keflex, Cephalexin, Singulair, Hydrocodone, Simavastatin for a patient with Pain, Hypertension, Tremor, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Diabetes Mellitus, Arthritis, Nerve Injury, Pain In Extremity, Asthma, Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Staphylococcal Infection, Inadequate Analgesia, Tremor, Viral Pericarditis, Product Quality Issue, Intentional Drug Misuse, Arthralgia (Joint pain), Bedridden, Joint Injury, Unevaluable Event, Product Substitution Issue, Adverse Drug Reaction, Withdrawal Syndrome, Neuralgia, Drug Hypersensitivity, Cardiac Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Lovaza, Iron, Levothyroxine Sodium, Symbicort, Warfarin Sodium, Lipitor, Vitamin D, Ocuvite Lutein, Albuterol, Lisinopril, Glucosamine, Tamsulosin Hcl, Spironolactone, Vitamin B-12 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Dysphonia (Hoarseness or changing voice), Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Flolan, Calcium Carbonate, Calcium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Oxygen, Magnesium, Multi-vitamin, Imodium, Furosemide, Gabapentin, Avapro, Lasix, Acetylcysteine, Omeprazole, Vitamin D, Tylenol, Potassium Chloride, Crestor, Amlodipine Besylate, Letairis, Revatio, Glucosamine, Actonel, Warfarin Sodium, Lovaza for a patient with Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Pain In Jaw
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Warfarin Sodium, Glucosamine, Fish Oil, Tricor, Zocor, Theracys, Interferon for a patient with Bladder Cancer. The patient has Dysuria (Urination - painful), Fungal Infection, Haematuria, Micturition Urgency
- A study of drug interactions between Forteo, Pepcid, Pravachol, Lortab, Glucosamine, Vitamin D, Calcium, Bumex, Amiodarone Hcl, Neurontin, Milk Of Magnesia Tab, Potassium Chloride, Coumadin, Lanoxin, Multi-vitamin, B6 for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Pneumonia, Injection Site Erythema, Blood Disorder, Abdominal Pain, Burning Sensation, Medication Error, Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter), Cardiac Failure Congestive, Asthenia (Weakness), International Normalised Ratio Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Fish Oil, Mupirocin, Nitroglycerin, Warfarin Sodium, Multi-vitamins, Aspirin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Clobetasol Propionate, Lovastatin, Terazosin Hcl, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate, Metoprolol Succinate, Flonase, Coq10, Albuterol, Niacin, Multaq for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Cardiac Failure Congestive
- A study of drug interactions between Valtrex, Dexilant, Lisinopril, Neurontin, Fish Oil, Coumadin, Calcium, Zometa, Crestor, Velcade, Glucosamine, Revlimid, Multi-vitamins, Aspirin for a patient with Multiple Myeloma. The patient has Vision Blurred, Stevens-johnson Syndrome (Erythema multiforme), Epididymitis
- A study of drug interactions between Forteo, Neurontin, Coumadin, Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Multi-vitamin, Pravachol, Milk Of Magnesia Tab, Lanoxin, Potassium, Bumex, Amiodarone Hcl, Pepcid, Glucosamine, Lortab, B6 for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Blood Disorder, Medication Error, Burning Sensation, International Normalised Ratio Abnormal, Abdominal Pain, Pneumonia, Asthenia (Weakness), Hepatic Enzyme Abnormal, Injection Site Erythema, Cardiac Failure, Atrial Fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)
- A study of drug interactions between Glipizide, Ciprofloxacin, Buspirone Hcl, Prozac, Zantac, Darvocet-n 50, Elavil, Losartan Potassium, Reglan, Hydralazine Hcl, Coumadin, Clindamycin, Zometa, Calcium Lactate, Claritin, Mycostatin, Morphine, Lipase, Zoloft, Glucosamine, Penicillin, Zetia, Flaxseed Oil, Novolog, Baclofen, Vioxx, Buspar, Augmentin '125', Chlorophyllin Sodium Copper Complex, Paxil, Atenolol, Vitamin D, Cozaar, Peridex, Pantoprazole, Lovenox, Crestor, Iron, Tenormin, Multiple Vitamin, Lansoprazole, Prevacid, Lipitor, Metronidazole, Pepcid, Warfarin Sodium, Multi-vitamins, Jevity, Duratuss, Anticoagulants, Pancrease, Pituitrophin Pmg, Colace, Oxycodone Hcl, Aredia for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Hypoaesthesia, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Visual Impairment, Balance Disorder, Blood Glucose Decreased, Visual Acuity Reduced, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Goitre, Quadriplegia, Pathological Fracture, Increased Bronchial Secretion, Dyskinesia, Periodontitis, Periodontal Disease, Dental Caries, Jaw Fracture, Injury, Fluid Intake Reduced, Speech Disorder, Rhinorrhoea, Fall, Malaise, Cranial Nerve Disorder, Fatigue, Spinal Disorder, Hip Deformity, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Depression, Sinus Tachycardia, Apnoea, Pain, Osteomyelitis, Pain In Extremity, Walking Aid User, Otitis Media, Alanine Aminotransferase Increased, Lacrimation Increased, Prothrombin Time Prolonged, Weight Decreased, Asthenia (Weakness), Muscle Spasms, Extraskeletal Ossification, Cataract Nuclear, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cardiovascular Disorder (Heart disease), Fracture Nonunion, Osteitis, Respiratory Distress, Muscle Twitching, Pruritus (Itching), Onychomycosis (Fungal nail infection), Exercise Tolerance Decreased, Myopia (Nearsightedness), Bone Callus Excessive, Gait Disturbance, Decubitus Ulcer (Pressure ulcer), Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Gingivitis, Disability, Dysphagia (Swallowing difficulty), Myalgia (Muscle aches), Vaginal Haemorrhage, Encephalomalacia, Viith Nerve Paralysis, Fibromyalgia, Vulvovaginal Candidiasis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), Embolism, Pneumonia Aspiration, Erythema (Rashes), Osteonecrosis Of Jaw, Excoriation, Ear Haemorrhage, Skin Ulcer, Osteopenia, Anaemia, Haematemesis, Ataxia (Movement - uncoordinated), Respiratory Failure (Respiratory acidosis), Pain In Jaw, Anhedonia, Cough, Lagophthalmos, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Convulsion, Post Procedural Fistula, Pyrexia (Fever), Bruxism, Musculoskeletal Pain, Dry Eye (Dry eyes), Ear Discomfort, Oral Cavity Fistula, Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage, Haematochezia, Impaired Gastric Emptying, Urinary Tract Infection, Iron Deficiency Anaemia, Swelling Face
- A study of drug interactions between Phenergan, Oxycontin, Glucosamine, Warfarin Sodium, Vemurafenib, Pyridoxine Hcl, Morphine, Osteo-ease, Fish Oil, Metoprolol Succinate, Perindopril Erbumine, Lercanidipine, Aspirin for a patient with Metastatic Malignant Melanoma. The patient has Epistaxis (Nosebleed), Gamma-glutamyltransferase Increased, Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased, Blood Bilirubin Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Sprintec, Nuvigil, Xyrem for a 27-year old woman who has Acne, Narcolepsy (22 minutes ago)
- Zyrtec, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone, for a 62-year old woman who has Seasonal Allergies, Upper Back Pain Neurological, Chronic Insomnia, Breakthrough Pain, Chronic Back Pain (30 minutes ago)
- Protelos for a 73-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Post-menopausal (46 minutes ago)
- Tyrosine, Adderall 15, Effexor Xr, Librium for a 24-year old man who has ADD, Depression (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 36-year old man who has Depression (1 hour ago)
- Lamictal, Metformin, Pristiq for a 31-year old woman who has Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Depression (1 hour ago)
- Zanaflex, Inderal, Lisinopril, Fioricet, Vistaril, Valium, Wellbutrin Xl for a 27-year old man who has Pain - Muscles, Anxiety Disorder, Hypertension, Migraine, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Panic Disorder (1 hour ago)
- Aripiprazole for a 28-year old woman who has Pychosis (2 hours ago)
- Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Biotin for a 32-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency, Overall Health, Hair Growth (2 hours ago)
- Prednisone for a 50-year old man who has Gout (3 hours ago)