Review: Coumadin and Neurontin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Coumadin and Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5,283 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Apr, 3, 2014: 5,283 people who reported to have interactions when taking Coumadin, Neurontin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Coumadin (warfarin sodium)
- Neurontin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Coumadin, Neurontin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||2,884|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,775|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||1,750|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,735|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||1,728|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||1,660|
|Pain In Extremity||1,488|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Coumadin, Neurontin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||55|
|Amnesia (deficit in memory caused by brain damage, disease, or psychological trauma)||49|
|Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease)||38|
|Walking Aid User||38|
|Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy (damage to one or more of your peripheral nerves)||36|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging
- Atrial fibrillation
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Coumadin (warfarin sodium) is often used to treat blood clots. Neurontin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Coumadin is used in:
- Neurontin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Coumadin alternatives:
- Neurontin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (7 months ago):
recovered then got it again, recovered then got it again.
Also take multiple vitamins and minerals
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I get shaky in the am after using the drug the night before
Does Gabapentin and Depakote have the same effect or does Gabapentin have a little less effect than Depakote where gabapentin makes you shake rather than not make you loose weight?
- I have been taking prozak for 3 months and have now been diagnosed with sinus brady cardia
I have been taking Prozac for 3 months and have started having trouble breathing since 30 days afterwards but much worse in the last month or so. Went for a EKG and was diagnosed with sinus bradycardia.
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Mental or emotional symptoms of warfarin sodium
Took Coumadin or Warfarin sodium for 18 years it introduced some strange behaviors causing the people around me to think it was caused by the small stroke I had (why I was put on Coumadin). I was switched to Xarelto and within a few days I could remember the things I had been doing and thinking abo ...
- Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- Bloating and belching
My symptons started with bad breath and progressed over several months to excessive bloating and belching. I had a-fib for a long time and have a defib and pacemaker.A test indicated very slow metabolism. No one gave me a answer to my problem. I mentioned it to my GP and he suggested probiotics so I ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Tramadol, Warfarin Sodium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Quinapril, Gabapentin for a patient with Nerve Pain, Pain, Blood Thinner, Afib, Insomnia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Afib, Bone Pain, Nerve Pain (Neuralgia)
- A study of drug interactions between Panwarfin, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Simvastatin, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Levetiracetam for a patient with Blood Thinner, Heart Rate Abnormal, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, Stroke, Physical Activity. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina (Vaginal yeast infection), Yeast Infection - Skin (Cutaneous candidiasis)
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Lasix, Strattera, Nasacort, Tylenol, Reglan, Losartan, Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Lipitor, Prilosec, Coumadin, Atenolol, Celexa, Mobic, Gabapentin, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension, Adhd, Allergy Prophylaxis, Pain, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercoagulable States, Osteoarthritis, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety And Stress.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Bentyl, Gralise for a 47-year old woman who has Costochondritis
- Comparions of Lexapro, Ativan, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin for a 37-year old woman who has Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper
- Comparions of Orencia, Coumadin for a 65-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Factor Positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.