Review: Depakote Er and Xanax
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Depakote Er and Xanax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,581 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Depakote Er and Xanax >>>
What are the drugs
Depakote er (latest outcomes from 3,677 users) has active ingredients of divalproex sodium. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Xanax (latest outcomes from 58,948 users) has active ingredients of alprazolam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,581 people who take Depakote Er, Xanax are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Depakote Er (divalproex sodium)
- Xanax (alprazolam)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Depakote Er is effective||14.29%|
(1 of 7 people)
(2 of 9 people)
(2 of 7 people)
(0 of 9 people)
(2 of 5 people)
(2 of 5 people)
(1 of 2 people)
|Xanax is effective||0.00%|
(0 of 3 people)
(4 of 7 people)
(3 of 7 people)
(3 of 6 people)
(4 of 12 people)
(2 of 4 people)
(5 of 7 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Coma||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Ventricular Septal Defect||Nausea||Dizziness||Thrombosis||Anxiety|
|Insomnia||Ventricular Septal Defect||Blood Cholesterol Increased||Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Vomiting||Fall||Weight Increased||Diabetes Mellitus|
|Intentional Overdose||Atrial Septal Defect||Blood Triglycerides Increased||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Pain||Loss Of Consciousness||Perirectal Abscess||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Eosinophilic Pneumonia||Anaemia||Musculoskeletal Disorder||Blood Cholesterol Increased||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Cystitis||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Depression|
|Depression||Respiratory Distress||Back Pain||Atrial Septal Defect||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome||Palpitations||Obesity||Headache|
|Dyspnoea||Foetal Distress Syndrome||Diabetic Neuropathy||Apnoea||Hyperglycaemia||Burning Sensation||Breast Mass||Weight Increased|
|Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Apnoea||Neuropathy Peripheral||Anaemia||Diabetic Neuropathy||Blood Count Abnormal||Diarrhoea||Insomnia|
|Somnolence||Anxiety||Spinal Column Stenosis||Respiratory Distress||Hypoglycaemia||Blood Triglycerides Increased||Diabetic Ketoacidosis||Nausea|
|Neutropenia||Aortic Disorder||Hyperlipidaemia||Foetal Distress Syndrome||Diabetic Coma||Convulsion||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||Dizziness|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Sepsis||Diabetes Mellitus||Back Pain||Convulsion||Full Blood Count Decreased||Thrombophlebitis Superficial||Pain|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Depakote Er is effective||18.52%|
(5 of 27 people)
(4 of 16 people)
|Xanax is effective||44.83%|
(13 of 29 people)
(7 of 17 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Anxiety||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Nausea|
|Weight Increased||Suicidal Ideation|
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Depakote Er is effective||n/a||n/a||0.00%|
(0 of 1 people)
(1 of 21 people)
(2 of 13 people)
(3 of 21 people)
(2 of 12 people)
(1 of 6 people)
|Xanax is effective||n/a||n/a||n/a||14.29%|
(3 of 21 people)
(4 of 17 people)
(9 of 22 people)
(3 of 11 people)
(2 of 6 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Overdose||Weight Increased||Overdose||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Anxiety||Insomnia||Fall|
|Premature Baby||Hepatic Failure||Pancreatitis Acute||Suicide Attempt||Diabetes Mellitus||Depression||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Loss Of Consciousness|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome Neonatal||Coma||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||Diabetes Mellitus||Weight Increased||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Hypertension||Anaemia|
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||Brain Damage||Diabetes Mellitus||Convulsion||Nausea||Diabetes Mellitus||Diabetes Mellitus||Dizziness|
|Agitation Neonatal||Gastric Disorder||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Arthralgia||Pain||Depression||Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery|
|Hyperglycaemia||Weight Increased||Anxiety||Headache||Headache||Burning Sensation|
|Glucose Tolerance Impaired||Abdominal Pain||Dizziness||Neuropathy Peripheral||Abdominal Pain||Headache|
|Urinary Retention||Metabolic Acidosis||Obesity||Suicidal Ideation||Loss Of Consciousness||Weight Decreased|
|Tremor Nec||Obesity||Vision Blurred||Chest Pain||Back Pain||Urinary Tract Infection|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Depakote Er and Xanax?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Depakote Er and Xanax
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Depakote Er and Xanax
- support group for people who take Depakote Er
- support group for people who take Xanax
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there some kind of self help that works for stopping nightmares
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Nightmares - Repeated, and takes Pristiq, Xanax)
HELP! I am sick and tired (literally) of getting 5-6 nightmares per week. I sleep well but at waking time I get nightmares related to two main anxieties in my life. I cannot go off meds. Can I take them in smaller dosages, beak the dosing times during the day. I know it is the fault (mostly) o ...
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs?
(Asked by a 55 year old woman who has Halucinations, Talking Out Of Her Head, Sleeping Difficulty, Falling , Memory Loss, and takes Wellbutrin, Prozac, Geodon, Cogentin, Depakote)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? ...
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Loss Of Hair, and takes Xanax)
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Does albuterol sometimes show up as speed in your system when combined with other drugs
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Cailin, Tested Positive For Speed, and takes Norco, Cymbalta, Depakote)
Albuterol fluticasone pataday claritine atenolol prilosec
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benadryl completed suicide 50 year old
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Completed Suicide, and takes Alcohol, Methenamine Hippurate, Xanax, Benadryl)
My mother comitted suicide by taking a bottle of Benadryl. She also had been drinking, she had taken xanax and drank beer, she also took 300 Benadryl pills and started having seizures and went to the hospital was brain dead and her heart stopped the next morning.
- Zoplicine /and /xanax taken together
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Anxiety, and takes Xanax)
I am wondering if zopocline is compatible with Xanax. I have taken the together and had no adverse effects. Has any had this experience?
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Lyrica photosensitivity
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Depression - Major, Fibromyalgia, and takes Xanax, Lyrica)
Spent several hours outside in partly sunny conditions on Sat. Swelling started a little on Sun. But by Monday my face was ver swollen and red with small bumps most noticeable across the cheeks, nose and area of the forehead where bangs did not cover. I have only been using for (6) months. Un ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Depakote Er (divalproex sodium) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Xanax (alprazolam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Depakote er is used in:
- Xanax is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Depakote er alternatives:
- Xanax alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, CoQ10, Cinnamon, Vitamin D, Cranberry, Zocor, Atenolol, Xanax for a patient with Heart Artery Dilatation, Supplementation Therapy, Blood Glucose Increased, Vitamin B-12 Level, Urinary Tract Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Heart Palpitations, Anxiety. The patient has Nipple Discharge - Abnormal
Comments: Just noticed a few tiny dots of nipple discharge from clear to light brown when one nipple is squeezed. NOTE: One year ago had small red blood dots from OTHER nipple, spontaneous. Had many tests (see below) and saw a breast surgeon --- result: bleeding thought to be due to trauma (stabbed myself ...
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Xanax, Ativan, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Seroquel, Lamictal Xr, Buspar for a patient with Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar I Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Elevated Cholesterol, Elevated Blood Sugar
Comments: In the past 3 months I've had numerous medication changes. I never had problems with blood pressure, cholesterol or sugar. I go for blood tests every three months to see if my Synthroid needs to be adjusted and the lab does a battery of other tests also. Last year my blood sugar was 84 and choleste ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Mobic, Vitamin D, Potassium Chloride, Diovan Hct, Xanax, Lexapro, Vicodin, Zanaflex, Chantix for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Inflammatory Pain, Iga Deficiency, Hypertension, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Depression, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Stop Smoking. The patient has Ance Like Lesions On Face, Chest, Shoulders, Arms, And Legs
Comments: I am trying to figure out if this "acne" I have all over my face & body is actually acne or something else. It started about a month after I began taking Chantix and I was wondering if that drug could be responsible. At the beginning, I had a sty on the inside lower lid,of my eye, and within 3-4 day ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Suboxone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Out Of Character No Sleep Stranger In Everyway
Comments: my husband got tattoos on hands that say sick fuck tattoos on arms of needles and other Goes to alano club all day long Goes to 3 + aa meetings a day doesn't think of work me or our boys leaves the house all day and does not call or pick up his phone does not talk when he is home acts ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Ambien, Norco, Vyvanse for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia, Back Injury, Add. The patient has Sweating Increased, Fatigue, Swelling Of Fingers, Hand Or Foot Spasms, Intranasal Numbness, Ear Discomfort, Headache, Skin Eruption, Eyes - Dry, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Pain - Joints
Comments: Had an emergency appendectomy in February with complications.... have lived with joint, muscle pain most of my adult life. Constant stomach problems from a young wage. IBS, constipation, nausea, loss of appetite. Feel like I am basically a failure, unable to keep a permanent job. Marriage is on verg ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.