Review: Desowen and Nizoral
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Desowen and Nizoral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 86 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Desowen and Nizoral >>>
What are the drugs
Desowen (latest outcomes from 191 users) has active ingredients of desonide.
Nizoral (latest outcomes from 2,391 users) has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in seborrheic dermatitis.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 86 people who take Desowen, Nizoral are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Desowen (desonide)
- Nizoral (ketoconazole)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Oral Soft Tissue Disorder||Arthralgia|
|Anorectal Disorder||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Asthma||Intervertebral Disc Protrusion|
|Ovarian Mass||Decreased Appetite|
|Neuropathy Peripheral||Chest Pain|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||Drug Ineffective||Decreased Appetite||Abdominal Pain||Oedema Peripheral||Diabetes Mellitus||Syncope|
|Flank Pain||Hodgkin's Disease||Erythema||Death||Bradycardia|
|Gastrointestinal Disorder||Dysuria||Pyoderma||Communication Disorder||Dyspnoea|
|Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Fatigue||Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma Unspecified||Tardive Dyskinesia||Fatigue|
|Fatigue||Weight Decreased||Actinic Keratosis||Drooling||Muscle Spasms|
|Blastomycosis||Lymphadenopathy||General Physical Health Deterioration||Irritability||Cough|
|Chest Pain||Abdominal Hernia||Mycosis Fungoides||Insomnia||Visual Acuity Reduced|
|Cardiac Disorder||Nausea||Sunburn||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Arthralgia|
|Back Pain||Arthralgia||Asthenia||Emotional Disorder||Aortic Valve Incompetence|
|Crohn's Disease||Neuroendocrine Carcinoma||Acute Respiratory Failure||Carotid Artery Stenosis||X-ray Abnormal|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Desowen and Nizoral?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Desowen and Nizoral
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Desowen and Nizoral
- support group for people who take Desowen
- support group for people who take Nizoral
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Have problems on ketoconazole with copper toxicity? having hyperlipidemia.
I recently had a fungal infection and was put on ketoconazole. I then started having fatigue symptoms, digestive issues, heart palpitations, trouble breathing, skin issues, irritability beyond reasonable and severe headaches. Has anyone encountered this?
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nizoral (ketoconazole) is often used to treat seborrheic dermatitis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Itraconazole, Ketoconazole for a 32-year old man who has Fungal Infection
- Comparions of Oxistat, Ketoconazole for a 85-year old man who has Fungus Ball
- Comparions of Theophylline, Ketoconazole for a 46-year old woman who has Asthma
- Comparions of Desonide, Peruvian Maca for a 4-year old boy who has Alopecia
- Comparions of Depo-medrol, Cortisone Acetate, Ketoconazole, Actonel for a 85-year old man who has Pain - Hip
- Comparions of Ketoconazole (Teva) - 2%, Betamethasone Dipropionate (Pharmaderm) - EQ 0.05% BASE for a 72-year old woman who has Itching
- Comparions of Desonide, Warfarin Sodium (Barr) - 5MG for a 77-year old man who has Ge
- Comparions of Ketoconazole, Lunelle for a 26-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Ketoconazole (Teva) - 2%, Nystatin (Taro) - 100,000 UNITS/GM for a 59-year old man who has Bob Samuelson
- Comparions of Triamcinolone Acetonide (Taro) - 0.1%, Desonide (Perrigo New York) - 0.05% for a 62-year old woman who has Eczema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.