Review: Diovan and Clonidine and Toprol-xl drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Diovan and Clonidine and Toprol-xl. It is created by eHealthMe based on 209 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Diovan (latest outcomes from 56,458 users) has active ingredients of valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Clonidine (latest outcomes from 8,777 users) has active ingredients of clonidine. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Toprol-xl (latest outcomes from 40,676 users) has active ingredients of metoprolol succinate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 209 people who reported to have interactions when taking Diovan, Clonidine, Toprol-xl are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Diovan (valsartan)
- Clonidine (clonidine)
- Toprol-xl (metoprolol succinate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Diovan, Clonidine, Toprol-xl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||170|
|Blood Pressure Increased||148|
|Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)||84|
|Headache (pain in head)||54|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||51|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Diovan, Clonidine, Toprol-xl:
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Muscular Weakness (muscle weakness)||8|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||8|
|Electrocardiogram Qrs Complex Prolonged||4|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||4|
|Acute Coronary Syndrome (acute chest pain and other symptoms that happen because the heart does not get blood)||4|
|Blood Creatinine Increased||4|
|Oedema (fluid collection in tissue)||4|
|Left Ventricular Hypertrophy (the thickening of the myocardium (muscle) of the left ventricle of the heart)||4|
How effective are the drugs:
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging
- Cardiac disorder
- Diabetes mellitus
- Blood pressure increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Related drug interaction studies:
Complete drug side effects:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
While I had the flu I began using guaifenesin and Sudafed to try to relieve the symptoms of sinus discharge, post-nasal drip and phlegm, and cough. I have mostly recovered but still cough a lot due to excessive sinus drainage and phlegm in my lungs.
ihave stiffness in my lower back and in my calves and in my shoulders
started on clobex for what I thought was eczema about one week ago. Helped the rash but suddenly lots of new spots on thighs and buttocks, very itch. Was diagnosed pigmented purpuric dermatosis. Was wondering is medication could be causing new spots. They seems slightly more raised than the old ones.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By maggi25: Loss of appetite and metallic taste in mouth; are these symptoms associated with clonidine ?
I began taking this drug 2 days ago for reducing hot flashes. I now have a constant metallic taste in my mouth and loss of appetite. Is this a temporary side effect to the drug?
- By Tim: Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
- By susan2764 : What would cause a false positive for methadone
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By edo: Methadone maintenance and lichen planus
Have been on methadone maint. since 1973 (with two brief periods of non use). Have suffered from Lichen Planus for the last 5 years with slow but steady progression of symptoms. Do not know when exposed to Hep C (IV drug use since 1968)and have been exposed to biohazardous materials from my career ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Dominic: Diovan nasal constriction
46 year old male. Took Diovan HCT 160/12.5 once per day for 12 years for high blood pressure with very few issues. In 2012 dosage increased to 320/25. Immediately had stomach-related issues and severe nasal constriction right after taking the pill. Doctor changed prescription to take 160/12.5 twice ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flexeril, Vicodin, Sudafed, Guaifenesin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Iron Dextran, Diovan, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, Risperdal, Depakote Er, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Back Pain, Sinusitis, Cough, Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Anemia, Protein Urine Present, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Diovan, Glimepiride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Furosemide, Allopurinol, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Eplerenone, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Clonidine for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar, Edema, Gout. The patient has Back Stiffness
- A study of drug interactions between B-12, Potassium Chloride, Metoprolol Succinate, Correctol, Diovan, Norvasc, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate, Protonix, Flovent Diskus 100, Theophylline, Vitamin C for a patient with Protein S Abnormal, Vitamin B-12 Level, Palpitations, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Ulcers, Copd, Health. The patient has Rash And Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.