From FDA reports: drug interactions between Doxepin Hydrochloride and Quetiapine Fumarate
This is a real world study of Doxepin Hydrochloride and Quetiapine Fumarate drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 473 reports from FDA.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
What are the drugs
Doxepin hydrochloride has active ingredients of doxepin hydrochloride. It is used in insomnia, depression, sleep disorder, stress and anxiety, hives, insomnia related to another mental condition.
Quetiapine fumarate has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is used in bipolar disorder, insomnia, sleep disorder, depression, borderline personality disorder, stress and anxiety.
On Jun, 16, 2013: 473 people who reported to have interactions when taking Doxepin Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Doxepin Hydrochloride (doxepin hydrochloride)
- Quetiapine Fumarate (quetiapine fumarate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|2||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||226|
|3||Blood Cholesterol Increased||137|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Doxepin Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|1||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||122|
|3||Blood Cholesterol Increased||99|
|7||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||23|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Doxepin hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Doxepin Hydrochloride (doxepin hydrochloride) is often used to treat insomnia. Quetiapine Fumarate (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Doxepin hydrochloride is used in:
- Quetiapine fumarate is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Doxepin hydrochloride alternatives:
- Quetiapine fumarate alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Cymbalta, Silenor, Klonopin, Alprazolam, Zyprexa, Saphris, Xanax for a patient with Stress, Sleep Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Drug Dose Omission, Somnolence (Drowsiness), Fatigue, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Depakote, Lexapro, Trazodone Hcl, Paxil, One-a-day, Fish Oil, Hydrogenated, Pristiq, Paroxetine, Zoloft, Prozac, Mirtazapine, Zyprexa, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Doxepin Hcl, Effexor Xr for a patient with Depression. The patient has Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Suicide Attempt, Dyskinesia, Dry Mouth, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Suicidal Ideation, Tremor, Nightmare (Nightmares), Muscle Twitching, Drug Ineffective, Drug Effect Decreased, Ageusia, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Depakote, Cymbalta, Fish Oil, Hydrogenated, Wellbutrin, Prozac, Seroquel, Paroxetine Hcl, Mirtazapine, Flovent Hfa, Trazodone Hcl, Pristiq, Doxepin Hcl, Zoloft, Effexor Xr, Paxil, One-a-day for a patient with Depression. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Drug Effect Decreased, Drug Ineffective, Suicide Attempt, Tremor, Nightmare (Nightmares), Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Suicidal Ideation
- A study of drug interactions between Saphris, Seroquel, Xanax, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Zyprexa, Silenor, Alprazolam for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Stress, Sleep Disorder. The patient has Intentional Drug Misuse, Insomnia
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Pristiq, Fish Oil, Hydrogenated, Lexapro, Seroquel, Doxepin Hcl, Prozac, Cymbalta, Zyprexa, Mirtazapine, Zoloft, Depakote, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Trazodone, Paroxetine, One-a-day for a patient with Depression. The patient has Constipation, Dyskinesia, Tremor, Suicidal Ideation, Suicide Attempt, Muscle Twitching, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Drug Effect Decreased, Drug Ineffective, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Dry Mouth, Ageusia, Nightmare (Nightmares)
- A study of drug interactions between Zyprexa, Fish Oil, Hydrogenated, Pristiq, Effexor Xr, Cymbalta, Paroxetine, Lexapro, Seroquel, Mirtazapine, Depakote, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Paxil, Trazodone, Doxepin Hcl, One-a-day for a patient with Depression. The patient has Ageusia, Nightmare (Nightmares), Dry Mouth, Drug Ineffective, Tremor, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Drug Effect Decreased, Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Suicide Attempt, Constipation, Dyskinesia, Muscle Twitching, Suicidal Ideation
- A study of drug interactions between Buspirone Hcl, Methotrexate, Dicyclomine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin Hcl, Hydroxyzine Hcl, Doxepin Hcl, Lovastatin, Seroquel, Vitamin D, Humira, Benztropine Mesylate for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Weight Decreased, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Stomatitis, Nasal Ulcer, Eye Pain, Injection Site Pain, Pain, Fatigue, Pyrexia (Fever), Back Pain, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Night Sweats, Visual Acuity Reduced, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Other Medications, Ativan, Celexa, Tegretol, Doxepin Hcl for a patient with Anxiety, Hormone Level Abnormal, Depression, Affective Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Crying, Feeling Abnormal, Intentional Drug Misuse, Depressed Mood, Suicide Attempt, Mania, Bulimia Nervosa (Bulimia), Decreased Appetite (Appetite - decreased)
- A study of drug interactions between Buspirone Hcl, Benztropine Mesylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lovastatin, Metformin Hcl, Methotrexate, Vitamin D, Humira, Dicyclomine, Doxepin Hcl, Hydroxyzine Hcl, Seroquel for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Back Pain, Night Sweats, Eye Pain, Pain, Fatigue, Stomatitis, Injection Site Pain, Vomiting (Nausea and vomiting), Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Pyrexia (Fever), Dizziness, Nasal Mucosal Disorder, Weight Decreased, Visual Acuity Reduced
- A study of drug interactions between Lovastatin, Methotrexate, Metformin Hcl, Dicyclomine, Hydroxyzine Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Seroquel, Vitamin D, Doxepin Hcl, Humira for a patient with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Frequent Bowel Movements (Diarrhea), Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Abdominal Pain, Drug Ineffective
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Remeron, Lamictal, Metformin, Lisinopril for a 32-year old woman who has Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Polycystic Ovaries, High Blood Pressure (2 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 68-year old man who has Bph (13 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Vicodin Hp for a 32-year old woman who has Depression, Arthritis (17 minutes ago)
- Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 66-year old man who has C. Difficile (26 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Pravastatin Sodium for a 52-year old woman who has Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance, Anxiety, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol (40 minutes ago)
- Doxycycline Hyclate, Zantac for a 36-year old woman who has Acne, Reflux Oesophagitis (41 minutes ago)
- Sertraline, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength, Dexilant for a 50-year old woman who has Depression, Infected Insect Bite, Acid Reflux (54 minutes ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium for a 66-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Celexa, Toprol-xl, Lisinopril for a 35-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Hypertension, Hypertension - Essential (2 hours ago)
- Xarelto for a 40-year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism (2 hours ago)