Review: taking Elavil and Alcohol together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Elavil and Alcohol together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Elavil and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 110 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elavil and Alcohol >>>
On Apr, 2, 2015: 110 people who take Elavil, Alcohol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride)
- Alcohol (alcohol)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Suicide Attempt|
|Blood Alcohol Increased||Suicidal Ideation|
|Muscle Tightness||Overdose Nos|
|Sleep Disorder||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Suicidal Ideation||Alcohol Use|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Intentional Overdose||Suicide Attempt|
|Anxiety||Drug Level Increased|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Multi-organ Failure|
|Condition Aggravated||Alcohol Use|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Neonatal Apnoeic Attack||n/a||Intentional Self-injury||Overdose||Depressed Level Of Consciousness||Overdose||Fall||Carbon Monoxide Poisoning|
|Increased Activity||Intentional Overdose||Acute Hepatic Failure||Hypoxia||Suicide Attempt||Injury Nos||Somnolence|
|Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Tremor||Multi-organ Failure||Loss Of Consciousness||Coma||Laceration||Suicide Attempt|
|Sneezing||Contusion||Coagulopathy||Pneumonia Aspiration||Alcohol Use||Skull Fracture Nos||Cognitive Disorder|
|Tremor Neonatal||Completed Suicide||Haemorrhage||Hypoventilation||Drug Toxicity Nos||Stupor||Sciatica|
|Somnolence Neonatal||Asphyxia||Encephalopathy||Fall||Drug Toxicity||Alcohol Interaction||Renal Impairment|
|Hypoventilation||Agitation||Drug Level Increased||Overdose||Malaise||Postural Hypotension||Pneumonia|
|Hypotonia Neonatal||Depression||Impaired Gastric Emptying||Respiratory Arrest||Dyspnoea||Cardio-respiratory Arrest||Osteonecrosis|
|C-reactive Protein Increased||Hypoxic Encephalopathy||Blood Lactic Acid Increased||Concussion||Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||Chest Pain||Analgesic Drug Level Increased|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Somnolence||Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional||Agitation||Nausea||Tympanic Membrane Disorder Nos||Depression|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Elavil and Alcohol on
Do you take Elavil and Alcohol?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Elavil and Alcohol
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Cephalexin, Elavil for a 15-year old boy with Acne And Teenagers, Complicated Migraine.
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of side effects of Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 34-year old woman with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Elavil, Adderall, Lamictal for a 54-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Cognitive Deterioration, Chorea. The patient has Chorea
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Elavil is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Elavil alternatives:
- Alcohol alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.