Review: taking Elavil and Alcohol together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Elavil and Alcohol together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Elavil and Alcohol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 110 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Elavil and Alcohol >>>
On Mar, 3, 2015: 110 people who take Elavil, Alcohol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride)
- Alcohol (alcohol)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Suicide Attempt|
|Blood Alcohol Increased||Suicidal Ideation|
|Muscle Tightness||Overdose Nos|
|Sleep Disorder||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome|
|Suicidal Ideation||Alcohol Use|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Intentional Overdose||Suicide Attempt|
|Anxiety||Drug Level Increased|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Multi-organ Failure|
|Condition Aggravated||Alcohol Use|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Neonatal Apnoeic Attack||n/a||Intentional Self-injury||Overdose||Depressed Level Of Consciousness||Overdose||Fall||Carbon Monoxide Poisoning|
|Increased Activity||Intentional Overdose||Acute Hepatic Failure||Hypoxia||Suicide Attempt||Injury Nos||Somnolence|
|Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome||Tremor||Multi-organ Failure||Loss Of Consciousness||Coma||Laceration||Suicide Attempt|
|Sneezing||Contusion||Coagulopathy||Pneumonia Aspiration||Alcohol Use||Skull Fracture Nos||Cognitive Disorder|
|Tremor Neonatal||Completed Suicide||Haemorrhage||Hypoventilation||Drug Toxicity Nos||Stupor||Sciatica|
|Somnolence Neonatal||Asphyxia||Encephalopathy||Fall||Drug Toxicity||Alcohol Interaction||Renal Impairment|
|Hypoventilation||Agitation||Drug Level Increased||Overdose||Malaise||Postural Hypotension||Pneumonia|
|Hypotonia Neonatal||Depression||Impaired Gastric Emptying||Respiratory Arrest||Dyspnoea||Cardio-respiratory Arrest||Osteonecrosis|
|C-reactive Protein Increased||Hypoxic Encephalopathy||Blood Lactic Acid Increased||Concussion||Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||Chest Pain||Analgesic Drug Level Increased|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Somnolence||Multiple Drug Overdose Intentional||Agitation||Nausea||Tympanic Membrane Disorder Nos||Depression|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Elavil and Alcohol on
Do you take Elavil and Alcohol?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Elavil and Alcohol
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Ferrous Citrate Fe 59, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 22-year old woman with Anemia, Anaemia, Depression. The patient has Mettalic Taste In Mouth, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Endep for a 65-year old man with Depression. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine Hydrochloride And Codeine Phosphate, Pravachol, Protonix, Cozaar, Celexa, Coreg, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate for a 71-year old woman with Cough, Hypercholesterolemia, Gerd, Cardiac Disorder, Depression, Dyspnea. The patient has Pancytopenia
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Elavil (amitriptyline hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Alcohol (alcohol) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Elavil is used in:
- Alcohol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Elavil alternatives:
- Alcohol alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.