Review: taking Fentanyl and Keppra together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Fentanyl and Keppra together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fentanyl and Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 114 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and Keppra >>>
On Mar, 6, 2015: 114 people who take Fentanyl, Keppra are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Fentanyl (fentanyl citrate)
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Nausea||Overdose||Application Site Ulcer||Physical Disability||n/a||n/a||n/a||Convulsion|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Pancytopenia||Mouth Ulceration||Paranoia||Respiratory Failure|
|Back Pain||Blood Pressure Decreased||Herpes Simplex||Overdose||Hypotension|
|Overdose||Suicidal Ideation||Dysgeusia||Sacroiliitis||Oedema Peripheral|
|Suicidal Ideation||Sacroiliitis||Drug Ineffective||Unresponsive To Stimuli||Pneumonia|
|Arachnoiditis||Calculus Urinary||Burning Sensation Mucosal||Suicidal Ideation||Renal Failure Chronic|
|Sacroiliitis||Depressed Level Of Consciousness||Oral Discomfort||Nausea||Loss Of Consciousness|
|Memory Impairment||Urinary Tract Infection||Gingival Pain||Memory Impairment||Sepsis|
|Anger||Intestinal Obstruction||Application Site Irritation||Back Pain||Dyspnoea|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Hypotension||Renal Failure Chronic|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis||Hypotension|
|Pain||Loss Of Consciousness|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Paraesthesia Oral||n/a||Dermatitis Medicamentosa||Completed Suicide||Hypotension||Oedema Peripheral||Convulsion||Respiratory Failure|
|Tongue Discolouration||Skin Desquamation Nos||Respiratory Arrest||Myoclonus||Convulsion||Pain||Vomiting|
|Hypoaesthesia Oral||Pulmonary Embolism||Cardiac Arrest||Drug Toxicity||Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||Cardiomyopathy||Sepsis|
|Glossodynia||Exanthem||Chest Discomfort||Neuralgia||Thrombocytopenia||Urinary Tract Infection||Nausea|
|Dysgeusia||Erythema||Pruritus||Pyrexia||Hypoalbuminaemia||Respiratory Failure||Renal Failure Chronic|
|Gingival Pain||Status Epilepticus||Erythema||Ventricular Tachycardia||Nausea||Hypotension||Convulsion|
|Drug Effect Decreased||Electrolyte Imbalance||Gingival Disorder||Operative Haemorrhage||Haemoptysis||Rib Fracture||Hypotension|
|Rash Maculo-papular||Oropharyngeal Discomfort||Blood Creatinine Increased||Hypofibrinogenaemia||Mental Status Changes||Dyspnoea|
|Dystonia Aggravated||Poisoning||Blood Lactic Acid Increased||Leukopenia||Infection||Loss Of Consciousness|
|Pain||Self Injurious Behaviour||Cardiac Arrest||Asthenia||Deformity||Anaemia|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Fentanyl and Keppra on
Do you take Fentanyl and Keppra?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Fentanyl and Keppra
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Lysine, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Fish Oil, Garlic, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Lipitor, Ambien, Celexa, Keppra for a 65-year old man with General Physical Condition, Canker Sores And Fever Blisters, Blood Thinner, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Sleepy, Depression, Seizures. The patient has Seizure - Generalized
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 39-year old man with Epilepsy. The patient has Tired Eyes
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 11-year old boy with Epilepsy. The patient has Dyslexia
- A study of side effects of Keppra for a 79-year old man with Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Fentanyl (fentanyl citrate) is often used to treat pain. Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fentanyl is used in:
- Keppra is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Fentanyl alternatives:
- Keppra alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.