Review: Fish oil and Meloxicam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Fish oil and Meloxicam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 407 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 18,930 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Meloxicam (latest outcomes from 10,232 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
On Feb, 16, 2014: 407 people who reported to have interactions when taking Fish oil, Meloxicam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Fish oil (fish oil)
- Meloxicam (meloxicam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Fish oil, Meloxicam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||96|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||80|
|Myalgia (muscle pain)||64|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||42|
|Pain In Extremity||34|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||32|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Fish oil, Meloxicam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Flutter (an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs in the atria of the heart)||2|
|Bronchial Obstruction (blockage of the breathing passages to the lungs)||2|
|Weight Gain Poor||1|
|Hypoxia (low oxygen conditions)||1|
|Malignant Mediastinal Neoplasm (cancerous growths that form in the area of the chest that separates the lungs)||1|
|Prednisolone - 5mg/5ml||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Blood cholesterol increased
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
- Folic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Fish Oil (fish oil) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Meloxicam (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fish oil is used in:
- Meloxicam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Fish oil alternatives:
- Meloxicam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
No previous history of ED. ED started approximately 2 months ago. No other health issues
extreme fatigue after eating high sugar foods.
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro Myalgia, Wilsons Syndrome and Hashimoto's Disease for 22 years. I suffered an injury to the pelvic floor this last summer and am now experiencing spikes in blood pressure, anxiety that awakens me suddenly from sleep and sets in shortly after breakfast and general non-specific depression. I am wondering if one or more of these meds might be causing these three symptoms or contributing to any of them. Thank you.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- By FightOlderAge: Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- By roth: Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By Win: Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- By Mary: Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Meloxicam, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Low Back Pain, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction (Erection problems)
- A study of drug interactions between EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester, Vitamin D, Tri-sprintec, Meloxicam, Tramadol, Celexa, Adderall 20 for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Birth Control And Family Planning, Inflammation, Pain, Depression, Fatigue - Chronic. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.