Review: Fish oil and Vitamin B2 drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Fish oil and Vitamin B2. It is created by eHealthMe based on 5 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 18,930 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Vitamin b2 (latest outcomes from 56 users) has active ingredients of riboflavin. It is often used in migraine.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 5 people who reported to have interactions when taking Fish oil, Vitamin B2 are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Fish oil (fish oil)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Fish oil, Vitamin B2:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||4|
|Tingling In Hands Or Feet||2|
|Rash Vesicular (rash with a small bubble)||2|
|Blood Glucose Increased||1|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Fish oil, Vitamin B2:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Fish Oil (fish oil) is often used to treat high blood cholesterol. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is often used to treat migraine. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fish oil is used in:
- Vitamin b2 is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Fish oil alternatives:
- Vitamin b2 alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
Dealing with allot of stress relative to marriage.
I eat well
Exercise twice weekly
After taking Benadryl 50mg with bupropion 150mg, I experienced postural hypotension and irregular heart rate. BP was as low as 60/40 and heart rate dropped to 55-60. This has lasted for about a week after I stopped both drugs. The 5th day was the first day my BP didn't drop when I stood. When I took citalopram my BP dropped again and muscle pain from a shoulder injury greatly increased.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By FightOlderAge: Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- By JN: Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
- By Mr. Restless: I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By Win: Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- By Mary: Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Benicar, CoQ10, Multivitamin, Garlic, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Feraheme, MSM, Magnesium Glycinate, Oil Of Flaxseed, Fish Oil, Adrenal Complex for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Multi-vitamin Deficiency, Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia, Energy Increased, Anemia, Stress. The patient has Tingling In Hands Or Feet (Numbness in hands or feet), Headache, High Blood Pressure, Fatigue, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Muscle Fatigue (Weakness)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Metaxalone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Simvastatin, Melatonin, Calcium, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Omega-3 Marine Triglycerides, Potassium Gluconate, Famotidine, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a patient with Hypertension, Depression, Muscle Pain, Hyperlipidaemia, Insomnia, Preventive Health Care, Heartburn, Diarrhoea, Arthritis. The patient has Celexa, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.