Review: Flexeril and Ativan drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Flexeril and Ativan. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,948 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Ativan (latest outcomes from 35,079 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 1,948 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Ativan are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Ativan (lorazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Ativan:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||584|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||462|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||388|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||336|
|Headache (pain in head)||322|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Ativan:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||14|
|Coronary Artery Disease (plaque building up along the inner walls of the arteries of the heart, which narrows the arteries and restricts blood flow to the heart)||14|
|Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract)||7|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Muscle spasms
- Multiple myeloma
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Ativan (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Ativan is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Ativan alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
Is it safe to take these all together?
I'm trying to find out if I have boils without going to the drs. They are sore bumps with fluid inside of them on my fingers. I just had one on my arm that I caught on something and it broke open. They are very sore. I have lupus and fibromyalgia. Thank you.
Don't handle busy, large crowds well at all. Unfamiliar social settings rapidly increase my anxiety level. When arguing with my spouse, or anyone else, I become highly anxious, sometimes to the point of outward fits of rage. When I feel myself going into a fit of rage, many times I cannot control myself. In my rage fits I always completely disregard my own safety regardless of the implied harm to myself others in my vicinity.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By contrarymary: Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By tammy: Will ativan make tinnitus worse?
I have tinnitus and need to know if i take ativan will it make tinnitus worse? Tinnitus is ringing in the ears. thank you.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Adele: 91 year old when awaken in morning confused
91 year old with emphysema. Uses Nebulizer 3x daily, oxygen, zocor, levothyroid wakes up in morning increasingly confused. Clears during day.
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lorazepam, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Mucinex D, Imitrex, Prozac, Garcinia Cambogia for a patient with Anxiety, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Sinusitis, Migrainous, Depression, Weight Loss - Intentional.
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Prilosec, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Furosemide, Lorazepam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Plaquenil for a patient with N-a-g, Dr Recommend, Diet - Age Appropriate, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, Water Retention, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Nerve Pain, Lupus Erythematosus. The patient has Recurring Skin Boils
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lorazepam, Buspirone Hcl for a patient with Radicular Pain, Back Pain, Depression, Panic Disorder, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Violence-related Symptom, Violent Ideation, Chronic Depression (Dysthymia), Anxiety Disorder (Generalized anxiety disorder)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.