Review: Flexeril and Clonazepam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Flexeril and Clonazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,941 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,036 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 1,941 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Clonazepam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Clonazepam (clonazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||394|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||366|
|Headache (pain in head)||252|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||242|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||231|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||8|
|Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails)||8|
|Microalbuminuria (albumin into the urine)||4|
|Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus)||4|
|Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||4|
|Peripheral Ischaemia (impaired circulation to an extremity)||4|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Clonazepam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Clonazepam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
It appears it is at its worse directly after a very heavy period.
I am trying to eat healthier more diabetic friendly exercising more regularly my mother and daughter both have type 2 diab. mom has hbp anxiety high cholesterol stint other conditions after already seeing past and future effects on both ages daughter under 13 yrs old mother over 60 i need to be healthier for all three of us need some advice in regards to current meds side effects, new choices for treatment and i weigh 200 lbs plus whats wonderful i get to choose between mental health or living longer & disease free of life shortening preportions i want and need both bit i want answers got a glimpse of my future blood work preludes and predictions now i need to reverse all the damage and live healthy and be happy all to my advantage for me and my family
In the last month i have been having skin flushing, redness and heat on my face, only in the evening time.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- By InsomniaRampant: Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
- By Bob: Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flexeril, Clonazepam for a patient with Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Stress Symptoms. The patient has Ventricular Tachyarrhythmia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Sumatriptan, Flexeril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Prozac for a patient with Active Women's, Complicated Migraine, Muscle Spasm And Migraines, Sleep Aid, Anxiety, Depression Postpartum (excl Psychosis). The patient has Poly Systic Ovary Syndrone, Cbc Rdw 14.7 (h), Many Exposures To Mri Ct Scan Of Lumbar Area For Staff Infection, Blood Triglycerides Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Ldl/hdl Ratio Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Hdl/cholesterol Ratio Decreased, Hgb A1c High Glucose, Blood Triglycerides Increased (High Blood Cholesterol), Increased Vldl, Microalbumin 1140.0mg/l
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Depakote, Klonopin, Metformin, Wellbutrin, Biotin, Vitamin D, Multivitamin for a patient with Pain, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos), Depression, Hair Growth Abnormal, Overall Health. The patient has Skin Blushing/flushing
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.