Review: Flexeril and Melatonin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Flexeril and Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 87 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
How are my drugs for patients like me? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now, it's anonymous, simple & free >>>
On Mar, 29, 2014: 87 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Melatonin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Melatonin (melatonin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||29|
|Pain In Extremity||16|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Melatonin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Muscle Fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force)||2|
|Headaches (pain in head)||2|
|Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)||2|
|Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (unusual prickling sensations)||2|
|Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating)||2|
|High Blood Pressure||1|
|Foetal Heart Rate||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Melatonin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Melatonin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
I have had issues with high blood pressure for years & lost 60 pounds & still have to take 3 different medications for it. I have Candida severely & need to get rid of it & am wondering if any or all of these medications I am taking is cuasing any of these issues. I also have gluten issues, wheat issues, starch issues, peanut butter, chocolate, peanuts, nuts, white rice, potato issues, I can't eat a lot of foods & am struggling with my health. Please help!
Can any one of these medications, or any combination of them, cause ataxia?
Actonel: After approx 2 years of usage developed spontaneous left hip stress fracture and subsequent complete fracture of the hip. After workup by endocrinologist Actonel was stopped due to suspicion of this being contributing to cause of fracture.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can flexiral withdraw cause angina? also notice when it's time for a bowel movement
I've had a resent (2 weeks ago) stress and nucular scan with no sign of heart attack. Also I get this feeling occasionally before a bowel movement
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Savella & synthroid hell!
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonidine Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Lisinopril, Acyclovir, L-Lysine Hydrochloride, B Complex Vitamin, Melatonin, CoQ10, Excedrin, Excedrin, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Probiotic, Sumatriptan Succinate, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Nystatin, Golytely for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Cold Sore, Cramps - Muscle, Sleeping Difficulty, Migraine, Pain - Back, Arterial Repair, Vitamin E, Bacteriuria, Oral Thrush, Constipation. The patient has Candida Test Positive, Candida Nos, Candidal Infection Nos, Candidiasis, Food Intolerance, Food Allergy
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Oxycet, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Sertraline Hydrochloride, Levothroid, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Sumatriptan Succinate, Omeprazole, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Melatonin, Valacyclovir Hydrochloride, Lovaza, Naproxen, Ibuprofen, Rhinocort, Promethazine Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia/chronic Anxiety, Pain, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Low Throid, Anxiety, Insomnia, Migraine Headache, Ulcer, Migraine, Sleep Disturbance, Herpes Simplex, Healthy Living, Inflammation, Nasal Allergies, Nausea.
- A study of drug interactions between Neurontin, Norco, Zantac 150, Metformin Hydrochloride, Toprol-xl, Flexeril, Aspirin, Relafen, Ambien, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Estrace, Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, Bactrim, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Colace for a patient with Trigeminal Neuralgia, Pain Management, Antacid Therapy, Hypoglycemia, Paroxysmal Arrhythmia, Muscle Spasms, Anticoagulant Therapy, Antiinflammatory Therapy, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain Prophylaxis, Hormone Therapy, Urinary Retention, Urinary Tract Infection - Chronic Or Recurrent, Osteopenia, Vitamin C, Stool Softener. The patient has Acetone, Fracture (Broken bone)
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Melatonin, Advil for a 62-year old woman who has Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- Comparions of Norco, Flexeril for a 28-year old man who has Muscle Pain
- Comparions of Concerta, Melatonin for a 12-year old boy who has Insomnia Concerns
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.