Review: Flexeril and Synthroid drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Flexeril and Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,753 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Synthroid (latest outcomes from 93,377 users) has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 2,753 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Synthroid are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||483|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||466|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||281|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||262|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||225|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Synthroid:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||20|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||13|
|Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs)||7|
|Post Thrombotic Syndrome (long-term effects that can occur after venous thrombosis)||7|
|Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced)||7|
|Impaired Driving Ability||7|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclobenzaprine hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Synthroid is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Synthroid alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Fluticasone nasal spray has helped the stuffiness moderately but I still feel the need for a nasal decongestant like Afrin.
While I had the flu I began using guaifenesin and Sudafed to try to relieve the symptoms of sinus discharge, post-nasal drip and phlegm, and cough. I have mostly recovered but still cough a lot due to excessive sinus drainage and phlegm in my lungs.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take pravastin while on remicade?
I have just started on Remicade and this drug scares the heck out of me! However it is being used as a last resort as no other medications were bring my ulcerative colitis under control I am very concerned about drug interactions and can't seem to get any straight answers from my doctor or the pha ...
- Has anyone had negative experiences with simvastin or with omerprazole?
I have been diagnosed as having diabetes but at this point I am not taking any meds for it, my numbers are excellent. I was not on a cholestral or blood pressure med until I was diagnosed with diabetes.
- To know whether drugs for hypothyroidism have side effects
hypertension range 130-140/90-95 for 2 mths. No previous history
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Having trouble swallowing food
it started like having heartburn the food would not go down. Progressively got worse so went a digestive doctor she ran all kinds of test (scope, went up my nose and down my throat had problems with that one,cat scan and berium test. Well they found a mass on my thyroid and had to remove have of it ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Itching skin caused by taking crestor
After taking Crestor for 4 months or so, raised small spots on my forearms. More itchy evening and night, tried cortisone creams no relief. Dr though it might be due to dry skin, but on researching on the internet found this sort of information pointing to the Crestor as a possible cause. I decided ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Fluticasone Propionate, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Liothyronine Sodium, Flexeril, Celebrex, Lamictal, Risperdal, Provigil for a patient with Stuffy Nose, Hot Flashes, Depressive Symptom, Muscle Tightness, Osteoarthritis, Bipolar 2, Sleepy. The patient has Stuffy Nose (Nasal congestion)
- A study of drug interactions between Flexeril, Vicodin, Sudafed, Guaifenesin, Ibuprofen, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Iron Dextran, Diovan, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate, Synthroid, Risperdal, Depakote Er, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Back Pain, Sinusitis, Cough, Pain, Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, Anemia, Protein Urine Present, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.