Review: Flexeril and Tramadol drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Flexeril and Tramadol. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,502 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Tramadol (latest outcomes from 41,165 users) has active ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride. It is often used in pain.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 2,502 people who reported to have interactions when taking Flexeril, Tramadol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride)
- Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Flexeril, Tramadol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||806|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||693|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||454|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||452|
|Headache (pain in head)||401|
|Pain In Extremity||339|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Flexeril, Tramadol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails)||16|
|Loss Of Consciousness||9|
|Peripheral Ischaemia (impaired circulation to an extremity)||8|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclobenzaprine hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used to treat muscle spasms. Tramadol (tramadol hydrochloride) is often used to treat pain. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Flexeril is used in:
- Tramadol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Flexeril alternatives:
- Tramadol alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (1 month ago):
I have had 3 periods all this month with one week of not having my period. I usually get really bad cramps, but these past three I have not had any, but I'm more concerned about the unusually frequent bleeding.
I just started taking this medicine. want to see if anyone has had these problems.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Puedo tomar provigil si tengo diabetes
no se puede mover por la debilidad tan grande que tiene, tiene dolores todo el tiempo, se le duerme los pies al grado que no los siente la mayor parte del tiempo, cualquier cosa que hace se cansa casi de inmediato, toma TRAMADOL,METFORMINA, GAVAPANTINA, ASPIRINA PROTEC, no puede subir las escaleras ...
- What medication is allowed after a splenectomy, what is not allowed?
What Food and drinks are also NOT allowed to have when having NO Spleen
- Will tramadol cause rapid heart beat?
I have been taking Tramadol for 1 1/2 years and within the past 6 weeks have developed an unexplained rapid heart beat. The heart monitor I wore for 24 hours indicated a premature heart but after a month the EKG was normal. I was taken off of Toprol and instructed to take magnesium (400) milligrams ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Horrific nightmares taking naproxen
I've Taking naproxen 500mg twice a day for 3 weeks on a course for 6 months, I've been having horrific dreams worse than horrer movies, the most recent is involving my ex & current partner where I had a psychotic stalker (my ex) switched around because in the dream I dump my partner for my ex, well ...
- Burning mouth syndrome
I went into a local emergency room for a sore throat with pustules and difficulty swallowing, i was given Tramadol for pain through my iv. About 2 days later i woke up with a very blistery tongue, which was mildly painful as the day progressed i felt like i had been eating habanero peppers all day.. ...
- Nexium and feeling cold
I took Nexium (1 40mg capsule) and approximately 45 minutes later, I felt extremely cold. I could not get warm, even though I put on a polartec jacket and sat near a heater. I also was extremely nauseated at the same time. About 30 minutes after the incident began, it ended. I no longer was ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Ambien, Tramadol for a patient with Muscle Spasms, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Back Pain. The patient has Menstrual Periods - Heavy, Prolonged, Or Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Cialis, Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride W/ Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Cymbalta for a patient with Muscle Pain, Back Pain, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Increased Sadness, Dry Mouth, Dissociation
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Tramadol, Alprazolam, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prempro, Carafate, Celexa, Treximet, Promethegan, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Pain, Anxiety And Stress, Blood Pressure Increased, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-producing Pituitary Tumour, Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine, Nausea, Muscle Strain. The patient has Nausea, Pain Exacerbated, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Migraine, Hormone Level Abnormal, Low Thyroid (Hypothyroidism), Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure), Heartburn - Chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.