Review: Fluoxetine and Gabapentin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Fluoxetine and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,081 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Apr, 5, 2014: 4,081 people who reported to have interactions when taking Fluoxetine, Gabapentin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Fluoxetine, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||1,505|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||1,458|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||1,131|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||1,114|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Fluoxetine, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hallucination (an experience involving the perception of something not present)||120|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||115|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe)||86|
|Blood Calcium Decreased||74|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Fluoxetine (fluoxetine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Fluoxetine is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Fluoxetine alternatives:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
My pain is both from Endometriosis and Fibromyalgia. I have Periodic Limb Movement Disorder and RLS.
After taking pozac, metoprolol, and omeprazole in the am general feeling of uneasiness, disoriented, dizzy, heart racing, weakness, extreme tiredness
I thought this was a symptom checker for low platelets. I thought this would look at the drugs and tell me if it could cause or add to low platelets
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Can high dose of neurontin cause skin rash on face?
Have been Taking 3000 mg Neurontin per day for migraine treatment for aprox 3 months and have recently developed unexplained rash on face.
- Why has my rls/plmd increased since i've been on ms contin, oxycodone, and higher dose of ropinerole? previously, i was on 40mg hydrocodone per day.
I have Fibromyalgia, Endometriosis, and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) AND Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). Recently, I went of of Hydrocodone, and started with MS Contin and Oxycodone. I also RAISED my Requip from .5 to 1mg.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with 80mg of flouoxitine and prempro?
Would like to know if I can take Garcinia Cambogia with the meds and vitamin I am currently taking. I'd like to lose weight with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank You
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Prozac and palpitations
I did well on Prozac and by 2 weeks noticed a better attitude. After a month, very little depression, had positive attitude, and my anxiety wasn't affected. Sleep was approx. 6 hrs a night with Ambien. However, I began to notice palpitations/ fibrilations that would last for 20 to 30 seconds and una ...
- Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Prozac, Clonazepam, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Ms Contin, Neurontin for a patient with Restless Leg Syndrome, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Anxiety, Pain, Fibromyalgia, Pain, Myalgia.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Fenofibrate, Alprazolam, Metoprolol Tartrate, Fluoxetine, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Neurontin for a patient with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Anxiety, Hearth Failure, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Sleep Phase Rhythm Disturbance.
- A study of drug interactions between Soma, Neurontin, Lidoderm, Cytomel, Synthroid, Xanax, Prozac, Ibuprofen for a patient with Muscle Relaxant Therapy, Pain, Low Thyroid, Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety. The patient has Platelet Count
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Atripla, Gabapentin for a 32-year old man who has Nerve Pain
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac for a 26-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Prozac, Adderall 30, Oxycodone for a 28-year old woman who has Pain - Back
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.