Review: taking Gleevec and Turmeric together
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Gleevec and Turmeric together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Gleevec and Turmeric. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Gleevec and Turmeric >>>
On Mar, 31, 2015: 1 people who takes Gleevec, Turmeric is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Gleevec (imatinib mesylate)
- Turmeric (turmeric)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Gleevec and Turmeric?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Gleevec and Turmeric
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Micardis, Vitamin D, Turmeric, Telmisartan for a 71-year old man with N/a, Bone Disorder, Hbp.
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 54-year old woman with CML. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Seroquel, Gabapentin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Terramycin, Turmeric, Vitamin D, Glutamine, Tobrex, Glutamic Acid HCl, Paracetamol, Timolol Maleate, Bimatoprost, Alphagan, Adalat Cc for a 64-year old man with Insomnia, Low Back Pain, Ibs, Eye Infection, Headache, Glaucoma, Hypertension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 71-year old woman with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The patient has Hot Flash
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 76-year old woman with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML). The patient has Shuffling Gait Pill Rolling
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Gleevec (imatinib mesylate) is often used to treat chronic myelogenous leukemia (cml). Turmeric (turmeric) is often used to treat inflammation. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gleevec is used in:
- Turmeric is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Gleevec alternatives:
- Turmeric alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.