Review: Gravol and Zopiclone drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Gravol and Zopiclone. It is created by eHealthMe based on 39 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Gravol (latest outcomes from 878 users) has active ingredients of dimenhydrinate. It is often used in nausea.
Zopiclone (latest outcomes from 7,039 users) has active ingredients of eszopiclone. It is often used in insomnia.
On Feb, 26, 2014: 39 people who reported to have interactions when taking Gravol, Zopiclone are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Gravol (dimenhydrinate)
- Zopiclone (eszopiclone)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Gravol, Zopiclone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Ataxia (loss of full control of bodily movements)||6|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||4|
|Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced)||4|
|Urinary Tract Infection||4|
|Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)||3|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Gravol, Zopiclone:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Long-term Memory Loss||2|
|Pain - Muscles (muscle pain)||2|
|Tired Eyes (eyes feel achy, weak, or heavy due to intense use)||1|
|Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus)||1|
|Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur)||1|
|Sense Of Oppression (sense of heavy burden)||1|
|Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood pressure
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydromorphone hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Gravol (dimenhydrinate) is often used to treat nausea. Zopiclone (eszopiclone) is often used to treat insomnia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Gravol is used in:
- Zopiclone is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Gravol alternatives:
- Zopiclone alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
Drugs are not all taken on a daily basis oth than cymbalta, chronic migraine prevent, and trazodone and zopiclone at night. The rest are on an as needed basis. Like morphine only as last resort for migraine rescue, and robax only when back pain with out migraine, also nyquil only when needed during cold/flu sickness.
To what extent do these meds interact to produce negative side effects? I am especially concerned about impact on present and future cognitive functioning/memory and mood problems
Even taking this much medication to sleep sometimes I am still awake.This is very unpleasant.I feel like I am having an out of body experience.I do not know how to describe it clearly.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Cuervo: What forms of pain management are there for torn rotator cuff?
This is a ten year old injury, my first MRI was in 2005, didn't find anything significant. November 2013 2nd MRI shows significant tear as well as bursitis? My Dr really hasn't tried to manage the pain.
- By gareth owen: Can i still take zopiclone with jaudice
can I carry on taking zopiclone with jaundice which hopefully will not last long as I am now Non Alchohol ( wasn't much before just beer ) Gareth Owen
- By september: I have experienced numbness lips tongue roof of mouth
I was on ciraplex for three weeks three weeks after I went off it I experienced numbness on my left side mouth and lips and tongue and thumb and next two fingers. I had also been taking zopiclone to sleep for about 3 years/
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
- By MaryAAMeyer: Oxybutynin chloride and chest pain
A urologist prescribed Vesicare (and Estrace cream) early in 2013 for urge incontinance. When hospitalized for cellulitis (never had it before) in May (2013), I took lots of I-V Clindamycin. The hospital had Ditropan on their formulary, and the urologist switched to it (it was cheaper)--and I con ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zopiclone, Rabeprazole, Indomethacin, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Morphine Sulfate, Gravol, Robaxisal, NyQuil for a patient with Migraine, Chronic Insomnia, Acid Reflux, Chronic Migraine, Nausea And Vomiting Due To Migraine, Back Pain, Flu, Common Cold.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Effexor Xr, Dimenhydrinate, Inderal La, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zopiclone, Synthroid, Morphine Sulfate, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Flexeril for a patient with Depression - Major, Vomiting, Heart Rate Irregular, Inflammatory Pain, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Cancer - Thyroid, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Pain Prophylaxis.
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Gravol, Clonazepam for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety. The patient has Hallucination, Auditory, Sense Of Oppression, Paranoia, Fear, Long-term Memory Loss (Memory loss)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.