Review: taking Imodium A-d and Probiotics together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium A-d and Probiotics together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium A-d and Probiotics. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Imodium A-d and Probiotics >>>
On Mar, 14, 2015: 23 people who take Imodium A-d, Probiotics are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Imodium A-d (loperamide hydrochloride)
- Probiotics (saccharomyces boulardii)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Pleural Effusion||Pleural Effusion||Pneumonitis|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease||Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease||Neoplasm Malignant|
|Asthenia||Cholangitis||General Physical Health Deterioration|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|General Physical Health Deterioration||Pleural Effusion|
|Systemic Candida||Neoplasm Malignant|
|Fatigue||Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased|
|Diarrhoea||Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease|
|Dehydration||White Blood Cell Count Increased|
|Portal Hypertension||Respiratory Failure|
|Pleural Effusion||Troponin Increased|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||Colitis Ulcerative||Cerebrovascular Accident||n/a||Ascites||Pyrexia||Pneumonia|
|General Physical Health Deterioration|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Imodium A-d and Probiotics on
Do you take Imodium A-d and Probiotics?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Imodium A-d and Probiotics
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Diazepam, Oxytocin 5 Usp Units In Dextrose 5%, Levothyroxine Sodium, Breo Ellipta, Prozac for a 46-year old woman with Indigestion, Diffenncy, Difficiency, D Difficiency, Narcolepsy, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Copd, Depression. The patient has Narcolepsy, Stress At Work, Frequent Headaches, Chiari Malformation, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Pain - Joints, Forgetfulness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fecal Leaking, Difficulty Breathing
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a 62-year old woman with Bowel Obstruction.
- A study of drug interactions between Carisoprodol, Clonazepam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Estradiol, Sulindac, Lactulose, Probiotics, Benadryl, Strattera, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM for a 75-year old woman with Arthritis, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Low Thyroid, Hormone Level Abnormal, Reactive Arthritis, Dairy Product Intolerance, Acid Base Balance Abnormal, Sinusitis, Listless, Depression - Elderly. The patient has Increased Bloating And Indigestion, Digestive Tract Abnormality
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydrodiuril, Finasteride, Imodium for a 75-year old man with Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension - Essential, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Anxiety, Fluid Retention, Diarrhea. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ventolin, Co-codamol for a 36-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma, Sciatica. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness, Weight Gain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Imodium A-d (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Probiotics (saccharomyces boulardii) is often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imodium a-d is used in:
- Probiotics is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Imodium a-d alternatives:
- Probiotics alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.