Review: taking Imodium and Megace Es together
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Imodium and Megace Es together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imodium and Megace Es. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 385 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Imodium and Megace Es >>>
On Apr, 28, 2015: 385 people who take Imodium, Megace Es are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride)
- Megace Es (megestrol acetate)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Left Ventricular Dysfunction||Myopathy||Pyrexia||Nausea||Non-small Cell Lung Cancer||Arrhythmia||n/a||Dehydration|
|Myopathy||Left Ventricular Dysfunction||Swelling||Vomiting||Disease Progression||Diarrhoea|
|Thrombocytopenia||Death||Pain||Weight Abnormal||Respiratory Failure||Asthenia|
|Death||Hepatic Failure||Osteonecrosis||International Normalised Ratio Increased||Pyrexia|
|Renal Failure Acute||Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased||Neuropathy Peripheral||Haemoglobin Decreased||Fatigue|
|Hepatic Failure||Fatigue||Neutropenia||Duodenal Ulcer||Pneumonia|
|Pleural Effusion||Pneumonia Fungal||Thrombocytopenia||Duodenal Ulcer Haemorrhage||Renal Failure Acute|
|Hypothyroidism||Renal Failure Acute||Tooth Loss||Haematemesis||Dyspnoea|
|Bacteriuria||Haemoglobin Decreased||Non-small Cell Lung Cancer||Hypotension|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Renal Failure Acute||Renal Failure Acute|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Fatigue||Lactic Acidosis||Left Ventricular Dysfunction||Nausea||Diarrhoea|
|Pneumonia||Pyrexia||Bone Disorder||Abdominal Distension||Fatigue|
|Malnutrition||Adrenal Insufficiency Nos||Pyrexia||Dyspnoea Nos||Asthenia|
|Renal Failure Acute||Blood Carbon Dioxide Decreased||Dyspnoea||Pain Nos||Renal Failure Acute|
|Convulsion||Pneumonia Staphylococcal||Hypertension||Abdominal Pain Lower||Pneumonia|
|Sepsis||Oesophageal Reflux||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||Vertigo||Pyrexia|
|Dehydration||Vomiting Nos||Pain||Fatigue||Haemoglobin Decreased|
|Nausea||Nausea||Pleural Effusion||Crepitations Nos||Hypotension|
|Headache||Renal Impairment Nos||Anaemia||Pyrexia||Thrombocytopenia|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imodium and Megace Es?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Imodium and Megace Es
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Diarrhoea, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Simethicone, Albuterol, Symbicort, Ritalin, Megace, Pepcid, Claritin, Morphine, Ativan, Remeron, Tarceva for a 58-year old man with Bloating, Copd, Shortness Of Breath, Stimulants, Nasal Allergies, Allergies, Genital Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Lung Cancer. The patient has Fat Tissue Increased, Depression, Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Donepezil, Ativan, Enulose, Megace for a 96-year old woman with Short-Term Memory Loss, Sedation, Postoperative Constipation, Bedsore.
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a 62-year old woman with Bowel Obstruction.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydrodiuril, Finasteride, Imodium for a 75-year old man with Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension - Essential, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Anxiety, Fluid Retention, Diarrhea. The patient has Urinary Retention
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Imodium alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.