Review: Imodium and Probiotic drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Imodium and Probiotic. It is created by eHealthMe based on 38 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Imodium (latest outcomes from 9,736 users) has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea.
Probiotic (latest outcomes from 694 users) has active ingredients of bacillus coagulans. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome.
On Mar, 8, 2014: 38 people who reported to have interactions when taking Imodium, Probiotic are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride)
- Probiotic (bacillus coagulans)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Imodium, Probiotic:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water)||12|
|Epistaxis (bleed from the nose)||10|
|Metastases To Liver (cancer spreads to liver)||6|
|Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs)||5|
|Intestinal Stenosis (partial obstruction that causes the centre opening of the intestine to become narrower)||5|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Imodium, Probiotic:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease
- Colitis ulcerative
- Mineral supplementation
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
- Extra strength tylenol
- Loperamide hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Imodium (loperamide hydrochloride) is often used to treat diarrhea. Probiotic (bacillus coagulans) is often used to treat irritable bowel syndrome. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imodium is used in:
- Probiotic is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Imodium alternatives:
- Probiotic alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
I was taken off Meloxicam and told that I could never take it due to my Barrett's Esophogus. As a results due to my DJD, bulging discs and stenosis, plus Osteoarthritis especially in my hands, my pain and stiffness is unbearable.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- I am taking prednislone for polymyalgia rhuematica and symbicourt and ventolin for copd are there any known reactions for taking these medications
since taking these 3 drugs,I am getting cramp in my fingers and also my legs, are these all side effects, sometimes I feel a little dizzy
- What drugs, probiotics or whole food vitamins affect the effectiveness of junel birth control
0.5 mg once per day of clonazepam. I take probiotics geared for womens vaginal/urinary health. I'm taking green source whole food multivitamins.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Imodium, Bacillus Probiotics, Calcium D - Glucarate, Meloxicam, ASA, Lovastatin, Lisinopril, Restoril, Prilosec, Xanax, Zoloft, Nadolol for a patient with Diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Plaque Buildup - Arteries, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Barrett's Esophagus, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pain Exacerbated
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.