Review: Imuran and Zenpep
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Imuran and Zenpep. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Imuran and Zenpep >>>
What are the drugs
Imuran (latest outcomes from 9,805 users) has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease.
Zenpep (latest outcomes from 60 users) has active ingredients of pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease).
On Oct, 31, 2014: 15 people who take Imuran, Zenpep are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Imuran (azathioprine)
- Zenpep (pancrelipase (amylase;lipase;protease))
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Foetal Growth Restriction|
|Therapeutic Response Decreased|
|Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia|
|Clostridium Difficile Colitis|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Foetal Growth Restriction||Anaemia|
|Premature Delivery||Therapeutic Response Decreased|
|Pregnancy||Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia|
|Abdominal Pain||Colitis Ischaemic|
|Flushing||Clostridium Difficile Colitis|
|Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Nos||Hypoalbuminaemia|
|Malaise||Complications Of Transplanted Kidney|
|Blood Pressure Increased||Diarrhoea|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Foetal Growth Restriction||n/a||Lower Respiratory Tract Infection Nos||n/a||Foetal Growth Restriction||Flatulence||Intestinal Stenosis||Anaemia|
|Premature Delivery||Abdominal Distension||Headache||Therapeutic Response Decreased|
|Pregnancy||Bile Duct Obstruction||Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia|
|Pre-eclampsia||Abdominal Pain Upper||Encephalopathy|
|Malaise||Clostridium Difficile Colitis|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Imuran and Zenpep?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Imuran and Zenpep
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Imuran and Zenpep
- support group for people who take Imuran
- support group for people who take Zenpep
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse. I ...
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis?
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
- I have a 20cm hiatal hernia needing surgery could azathrioprine tablets cause it?
been taking azathrioprine tabl 50mg 3 times daily for several years
- I am taking dexamethasone - i think it is giving me diarrhoea has anyone had similar experience? i have cll and find this happens when the dose is upped.
I have CLL and have had several goes of severe pneumonia over past 2 years. Have now been put on Dexamethasone. I was taking 2mm daily, I was put up to 8mm short term, and seem to have moved into bouts of diarrhoea which don't last long but are severe. Now we seem to be linking this with times when ...
- My husband is taking creon for pancreas inflammation. he has been experiencing constipation. is it safe for him to take a stool softener while taking the creon?
He has been taking Creon for about a month now, and has been experiencing some discomfort from constipation. Not sure what is safe for him to take over the counter
- What happens if you take milk of magnesia and creon
I deal with constipation from pain meds and miralax just doesn't do it for me but I don't think m.o.m. Is the answer.
- Long term use of mycophenolate to treat aip type2
Diagnosed with AIP type 2 two years ago....was on predisone for year and half....had 2 relapses....now stable in remission. Been on mycophenolate for over 2 years now.....any info out there on long term use of this drug for AIP type 2 and on AIP type 2 in general. Thank you.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Imuran (azathioprine) is often used to treat crohn's disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Imuran is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Imuran alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Uceris, Imuran for a 56-year old woman who has Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Comparions of Creon, Losartan Potassium for a 74-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Imuran, Cellcept for a 79-year old woman who has Myasthenia Gravis
- Comparions of Imuran, Uloric, Plaquenil for a 52-year old woman who has Brown Dragon
- Comparions of Orencia, Remicade, Actemra, Xeljanz, Imuran for a 66-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Beta Glucans, Imuran for a 69-year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis
- Comparions of Imuran, Rebif for a 61-year old woman who has ...
- Comparions of Lysine, Imuran for a 26-year old man who has Cold Sore
- Comparions of Humira, Imuran for a 33-year old woman who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Loratadine, Imuran for a 46-year old woman who has Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.