Review: Junel 1/20 and DayQuil
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Junel 1/20 and DayQuil together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Junel 1/20 and DayQuil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Junel 1/20 and DayQuil >>>
What are the drugs
Junel 1/20 (latest outcomes from 35 users) has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate. It is often used in birth control.
Dayquil (latest outcomes from 714 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in common cold.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2 people who take Junel 1/20, DayQuil are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate)
- DayQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; pseudoephedrine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Junel 1/20 and DayQuil?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Junel 1/20 and DayQuil
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Junel 1/20 and DayQuil
- support group for people who take DayQuil
- support group for people who take Junel 1/20
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have g6pd - can i use dayquil
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has G6PD Deficiency, and takes DayQuil)
Hi I'm 41 years old and I know for sure I have g6pd since I was 8 years old , usually I'm taking a medisen from israel for cold and fever . I ran out from it and I'm looking for alternative here in usa . I have DayQuil handy and my question is if I can take it ?
- Will coq-10 cancel out microgestin 1/20 mgs
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who takes Microgestin 1/20, CoQ-10)
Can this cancel out birth control? I know some supplements can just want to know before i start taking this.
- Will using garcinia cambogia affect the effectiveness of my microgestin fe?
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who takes Microgestin Fe 1/20, Garcinia Cambogia)
I have been on my birth control-migrogestin fe 1/20 for the past 7 months and was interested in trying out garcinia cambogia. Will it affect the effectiveness of my current birth control? Are there any known side effects of the combination of the two?
- Recuperation time after a breast lumpectomy?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Breast Cancer Stage I, and takes Femhrt)
Because there are two lumps, the doctor plans to locate the sentinel node. My sister will not take chemo -- even if advised to do so. She will, however, submit to radiation -- with seeds implanted for maximum detailed radiation.
- Is emsam patch helpful for depression/anxiety and ibs symtpoms?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Depression, Anxiety, Adenomyosis, and takes Alprazolam, Junel Fe 1/20, Prevacid)
I am a 49 yr old female who has struggled with IBS my entire life. I also have had 3 bouts with major depression and struggle with mild depression on a regular basis for which I receive psychotherapy. I take Alprazolam to help me sleep nightly. My problem now is that my IBS has acted up badly ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Imitrex, Westcort, Kenalog, Garcinia Cambogia, Singulair, Ultracet, Baclofen, Percocet, Naproxen, Topamax, Lamotrigine, Seroquel, Microgestin Fe 1/20)
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Lo loestrin and breast plate pain
(Posted by a 33 year old man who has Severe Acne And Facial Cysts, Mood Swings, Costochondritis, and takes Lo Loestrin Fe)
This has to be the worst birth control I have ever taken. I felt like two different people. I turned into a lunatic when I was in my cycle - which I never knew when I was on my cycle because I bled for two days here, four days there, 5 days another time. I never knew when I was going to bleed. My fa ...
- Shortness in breath in day quil
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Cough, and takes DayQuil)
I do have allergies and asthma but only a cough at the time. I took DayQuil and within 10 min I stopped coughing. I was relieved. After about 20 min, my chest tightened and it was hard to breathe. I used my inhaler 2 times with 1 min intervals. It took about 5 min or so to breathe normally. Now I'm ...
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Weight Control, Menstruation Irregular, Hirsutism, Seasonal Allergy, Seasonal Affective Disorder, and takes Effexor Xr, Phentermine, Spironolactone, Loestrin 24 Fe, Zyrtec)
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate) is often used to treat birth control. Dayquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat common cold. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Junel 1/20 is used in:
- Dayquil is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Junel 1/20 alternatives:
- Dayquil alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Plaquenil, Cymbalta, Vyvanse, Xyrem for a patient with Skin Infection, Birth Control, Connective Tissue Disorder, Ocd, Adhd, Hypersomnia. The patient has Hyperandrogenism
Comments: Very sudden onset - 1-2 days. Massive reduction in breast size (ddd to b cup), severe brain fog, oily skin, missed periods. Effects gradually lessened over 8 weeks.
- A study of side effects of Lo Loestrin Fe for a patient with Help Painful Monthly Cycle. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
Comments: My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Microgestin Fe 1/20, CoQ10, Multivitamin for a patient with Contraception, Health, Vitamin Supplementation. The patient has Focus Problem
Comments: I've always had a hard time on focusing the things I do but was able to manage it until I was diagnosed with ADHD in my last semester of second Bachelor's degree. I've been on Amphatemine Salts, substitute of Adderall, for a year and 3months on and off. I started with 40mg per day and didn't use as ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.