Review: Keppra and Claritin
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Keppra and Claritin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 220 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 31, 2014: 220 people who reported to have interactions when taking Keppra, Claritin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
- Claritin (loratadine)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Keppra, Claritin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||128|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||72|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||48|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||44|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Keppra, Claritin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||6|
|Joint Dislocation (a joint position is changed from normal position)||4|
|Urinary Tract Infection||4|
|Myoclonic Epilepsy (type of epilepsy with quick little jerks of the arms, shoulder, or occasionally the legs)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Claritin (loratadine) is often used to treat allergen. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Keppra is used in:
- Claritin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Keppra alternatives:
- Claritin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
I had a temporal lobectomy for epilepsy 15 years ago after which the peripheral neuropathy started. To stop muscle spasms which started this year I was prescribed Baclofen. I feel like crap.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Does budénoside influence ecg behaviour?
Exercing sport activities may be enhenced when ECG is abnormal for a child of 10 years old?
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
- Ringing in the ears from keppra
The ringing started almost immediately. Two doctors I saw said they never heard of that side effect with Keppra. It's bad from late at night through the early morning.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Levetiracetam, Zonisamide, Baclofen, Cymbalta, Loratadine, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Calcium Citrate for a patient with Epilepsy, Neuropathy Peripheral, Chronic Depression, Rhinitis - Non-allergic, Asthma Aggravated, Osteopenia. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Headache, Confusion
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vimpat, Keppra, Sabril for a 48-year old woman who has Complex Partial Seizures
- Comparions of Zyrtec, Claritin for a 71-year old man who has Allergic Sinusitis
- Comparions of Topamax, Keppra Xr for a 35-year old woman who has Epilepsy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.