Review: Klonopin and Effexor Xr drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Klonopin and Effexor Xr. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,919 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Effexor xr (latest outcomes from 21,695 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 4,919 people who reported to have interactions when taking Klonopin, Effexor Xr are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Klonopin, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||758|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||477|
|Headache (pain in head)||433|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||411|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Klonopin, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||28|
|Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation)||15|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Klonopin is used in:
- Effexor xr is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Klonopin alternatives:
- Effexor xr alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
stopped taking minocylcine after developing facial rash. Last dosage over 16 hours ago. now feeling dizzy and dosorientated
Can you please give me information as to whether taking these medicines can cause these symptoms. Thanks.
I suffer from severe to moderate memory loss a friend told me it was due to klonopin It has been 7 years though since I suffered a concussion in a car accident. Been trying to get disability forever. I can't even handle a minimum wage job bc the steps I have to take r instantly out of my brain. I have a masters degree. So I don't think it's the concussion I think it's the meds. The muscle relaxant r brand new so we can't blame them. So could it be the klonopin
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- Could this be cataplexy?
I have been diagnosed with bio-polar about 4 years ago. Since then I also have experienced panic attacks and something I think might be caterplexy. Sometimes when I am in therapy session and things get heated emotionally my body kind of shuts down. My arms,legs everything gets kind of heavy and I ki ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Daysee, Clonazepam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Supplement Nutrition, Birth Control, Panic Attack, Anxiety Disorder, Acne. The patient has Facial Rash, Headache - Migraine Without Aura (Migraine without aura), Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Effexor Xr, Klonopin, Xanax, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Phenergan, Vicodin for a patient with Back Pain, Pain - Bones, Pain - Back. The patient has Personality Change Due To A General Medical Condition, Change Of Bowel Habit, Hallucinations, Sudden Memory Loss (Memory loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Topamax, Baclofen, Lyrica, Zanaflex, Effexor, Lamictal, Klonopin for a patient with Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Memory Loss, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Depression, Bipolar I Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.