Review: Klonopin and Seroquel drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Klonopin and Seroquel. It is created by eHealthMe based on 7,417 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 78,875 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
On Mar, 10, 2014: 7,417 people who reported to have interactions when taking Klonopin, Seroquel are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Klonopin, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||2,647|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||2,576|
|Drug Dose Omission||642|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||603|
|Headache (pain in head)||575|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Klonopin, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||1,316|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||1,155|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased||670|
|Obesity (a medical condition in which excess body fat)||222|
|Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus)||196|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)||175|
|Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||172|
|Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood)||166|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Klonopin is used in:
- Seroquel is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Klonopin alternatives:
- Seroquel alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
From this study (4 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
post menopausal breast cancer
after taking these drugs I developed these disorders
Also taking Metanx, medicinal food by prescription for arthralgia.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Has long term clonazepam use caused you seemingly irreversible psychosis, for which you were given an antipsychotic? if so, were you able to get off of the antipsychotic and clonazepam? how?
Started clonazepam around 2002. In 2007, I was hospitalized (I'm not sure what the doctors were thinking) and I was given an antipsychotic as well, and maybe another medication. My psychiatrist lowered and eliminated all my medication in 2011 and 2012, and each time was hospitalized and again given ...
- Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- What medication can i add to viibryd
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Arimidex, Albuterol, Proair Hfa, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Clonazepam, Ranitidine for a patient with Post Menopause, Copd, Depression - Chronic, Depression Chronic, Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type, Anxiaty, Hiatial Hernias.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Krill Oil, B Complex Vitamin, Lipitor, Clonazepam, Desyrel, Seroquel XR for a patient with General Paresis, Health, Discomfort, High Blood Cholesterol, Panic Attacks, Depression, Dissociative Disorder. The patient has Arthralgia (Joint pain), Burning Eyes (Eye burning - itching and discharge), Sputum Increased, Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Quetiapine Fumarate, Clonazepam, Methadose, Methadose for a patient with Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Pain Management, Dependence. The patient has Stomach Pain (Abdominal pain), Ear Drum Perforation, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Hearing Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.