Review: Klonopin and Vyvanse drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Klonopin and Vyvanse. It is created by eHealthMe based on 171 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Vyvanse (latest outcomes from 7,565 users) has active ingredients of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 171 people who reported to have interactions when taking Klonopin, Vyvanse are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Klonopin, Vyvanse:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||31|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||23|
|Off Label Use||13|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Klonopin, Vyvanse:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||9|
|Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease)||7|
|Headache (pain in head)||6|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Klonopin is used in:
- Vyvanse is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Klonopin alternatives:
- Vyvanse alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at least 4 cups green tea daily. CDC confirmed lyme positive in 2010 (September), was bit in May of same year. Had psychiatric & cognitive dysfunction immediately following rash. Further testing show active infection in brain - neuro-lyme dx'd.
Tired feeling, mood change, dizziness, increased appetite. Severe skin itching and irritation. Blister rash
I often combine all of these at once. changing doses frequently!
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- By Ann: What medication can i add to viibryd
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
- By Tim: Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
- By the return: Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Vyvanse, Imodium Multi-symptom Relief, Multivitamin, Seroquel, Klonopin, Reglan for a patient with Atypical Attention Deficit Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis, Vitamin Supplementation, Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder, Delayed Gastric Emptying. The patient has Skin Rash (Rashes), Itching, Itching - Burning Eyes (Eye burning - itching and discharge), Nutrition - Inadequate (Malnutrition), Memory Impairment (Memory loss), Appetite - Increased, Mood Swings, Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Marijuana, Ritalin, Vyvanse, Klonopin for a patient with Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Adhd, Social Anxiety.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.