Review: Klonopin and Wellbutrin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Klonopin and Wellbutrin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,917 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Klonopin (latest outcomes from 31,081 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Wellbutrin (latest outcomes from 54,525 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 4,917 people who reported to have interactions when taking Klonopin, Wellbutrin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Klonopin (clonazepam)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Klonopin, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||710|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||448|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||413|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Klonopin, Wellbutrin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||57|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||36|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||22|
|Headache (pain in head)||19|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Bupropion hcl
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Klonopin (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Wellbutrin (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Klonopin is used in:
- Wellbutrin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Klonopin alternatives:
- Wellbutrin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
From this study (2 weeks ago):
unknown if due to Rx or stress from being a teacher (with four/five different classes)
Do not take all drugs listed at same time. Am on "pulse therapy" with antimacrobials. Do not take coq10 when on Mepron/malarone. Take Florastor probiotic 2x's a day to fight c.diff & other probiotics. Also take FiberSmart, DigestSmart, & slippery elm, marshmallow root for GI regularity. Drink at least 4 cups green tea daily. CDC confirmed lyme positive in 2010 (September), was bit in May of same year. Had psychiatric & cognitive dysfunction immediately following rash. Further testing show active infection in brain - neuro-lyme dx'd.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Duckie: Is there drug interaction between bactrim and garcinia cambogia
Curious about garcinia cambogia interacting with any other drugs
- By Badrenon: Do you see any relationship between insomnia and dehydration?
I cannot fall asleep. Sometimes it takes several hours (4-5). I have been taking Amitriptyline 10 mg for almost a year which helped tremendously and lately has not helped at all.
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Gabapentin, Premarin, Simvastatin, Albuterol Sulfate, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Anxiety And Stress, Diabetic Foot, Post Menopause, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Copd, Diabetic Autonomic Neuropathy, Schizophreniform Disorder, Depression. The patient has Stomach Ulcer (Gastric ulcer)
- A study of drug interactions between Cholestyramine, Alpha-Lipoic Acid Extract, CoQ-10, Malarone, Artemisia, Horse Chestnut, DHA, Enzyme Therapy, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotics, Magnesium Oxide, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, Same, L-methylfolate, Albenza, Promethazine, Mepron, Stromectol, Flagyl, Bactrim, Doxycycline, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Tramadol, Klonopin, Vyvanse for a patient with Lyme, Lyme, Bartonellosis, Lyme Related Gi, Lyme Disease - Chronic Persistent, Parasitic Infection, Nausea And Vomiting, Babesiosis (co-infection Of Lyme), Parasitic Infection, Skin Atrophy Due To Late-stage Lyme, Neuroborreliosis, Depression - Diseased Induced, Pain, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition.
- A study of drug interactions between Daytrana, Klonopin Rapidly Disintegrating, Wellbutrin Xl for a patient with Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Thrombocytopenic Purpura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.