Review: Lamictal and Albuterol drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Lamictal and Albuterol. It is created by eHealthMe based on 683 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,293 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Albuterol (latest outcomes from 54,734 users) has active ingredients of albuterol. It is often used in asthma.
On Feb, 5, 2014: 683 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lamictal, Albuterol are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Albuterol (albuterol)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lamictal, Albuterol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||99|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||71|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||59|
|Headache (pain in head)||51|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lamictal, Albuterol:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||4|
|Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder)||3|
|Biliary Dyskinesia (motility disorder that affects the gallbladder and sphincter of oddi)||3|
|Abdominal Pain Upper||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Albuterol (albuterol) is often used to treat asthma. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Albuterol is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lamictal alternatives:
- Albuterol alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (3 years ago):
From this study (5 years ago):
Increase has been during several surgeries and recovery periods
ME on Mar, 22, 2011:
I have a level 904 when it suppose to be 101 to 228 on my lab results test
I am on levothyrixine sodium,lisinpril and lamictal
I been suffering for 5 months from being confused, memory impairment. involuntary myleconic movements,anxiousness, ataxia, falling, fast heart rates
I ask two neuro doctors and cardio MD I had stress test for chest pain.
I was told my level was way to high for this syndrome and now I am being workup for carcinoid tumors or tumor, what a nightmare!
sometimes i wonder if all these just counter act eachother.. if my other health problems are induced due to all the meds.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have cfs and have been treated for depression for years.will adderall replace the antidepressants ect that i'm taking now?
I have a long history of depression and anxiety disorder.I was recently diagnosed with CFS.Now that I know exactly what this disease entails,everything makes perfect sense.My physical symptoms,with the exception of increased debilitating pain over the last 2 years, I had come to accept as normal! Gl ...
- I've stopped using salbutamol after 15yrs i now have symptoms of ulnar palsy
i've taken 4 puffs of ventalin for around 15 years along with clenil, at a recent asthma checkup i was told to stop using the ventalin... asthma is well under control, but i am now experiencing forearm/elbow pain especially in the morning my ring and little fingers feel numb and tingle for a while m ...
- Can u take byetta while taking lamotrigine
need to know before I start byetta if u can take byetta with lamotrigine?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, TRAVATAN Z, TraMADol, Bi-sifrol, Omeprazole, Methocarbamol, Metformin, Lamictal, Gabapentin, Furosemide, Atorvastatin Calcium, Albuterol, Acetaminophen for a patient with Nutritional Support, Glaucoma, Pain, Restless Leg Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Muscle Contracture, Diabetes Mellitus, Partial Seizures, Neuropathic Pain, Lymphedema, Hypertriglyceridaemia, Asthma, Pain Management. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 30, Lamictal, Prozac, Klonopin, Lorazepam, Zyrtec, Meclizine Hydrochloride, Prilosec, Advair Diskus 250/50, Flonase, Phenergan, Albuterol, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with ADD, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Allergies, Meniere's Disease, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Vomiting, Insomnia. The patient has Headache, Migraine, Psychomotor Skills Impaired, Depression, Menstrual Disorder, Disorientation (Confusion), Vision Blurred, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety), Panic Attack (Panic disorder), Tremor - Arms Or Hands, Mania, Vertigo (Dizziness), Aggression Aggravated, Short-term Memory Loss (Memory loss), Speech Impairment, Abdominal Cramping, Numbness And Tingling, Mood Swings, Premenstrual Syndrome, Polycystic Ovaries (Polycystic ovary disease), Night Sweats, Metabolic Disorder, Sinus Infections, Thinking Slowed
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.