Review: Lamictal and Keppra Xr
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lamictal and Keppra Xr. It is created by eHealthMe based on 3,307 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Mar, 30, 2014: 3,307 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lamictal, Keppra Xr are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Keppra Xr (levetiracetam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lamictal, Keppra Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||1,698|
|Drug Exposure During Pregnancy||586|
|Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)||572|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||551|
|Headache (pain in head)||389|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lamictal, Keppra Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||96|
|Jaundice (a yellowish pigmentation of the skin, the conjunctival membranes)||72|
|Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails)||72|
|Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance (autonomic nervous system is of net equal emphasis)||48|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Partial seizures
- Complex partial seizures
- Grand mal convulsion
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Keppra Xr (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Keppra xr is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lamictal alternatives:
- Keppra xr alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 days ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
4,500 mg every night, 500 mg in the morning of lamictal
600 mg of keppra every night, taken with the lamictal
twitching, deep aches, shaking, pain, cold feet, burning feet, inflammation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Side effects of cialis and levereticetam
erectile disfunction in 85+ male having marital relations with 80+ wife
- I take lamictal for depression. can lamictal cause motion sickness because i get motion sickness when driving on freeway only.
I get motion sickness on the freeway when I am driving the car. I'm wondering if this is caused by the lamictal I am taking?
- Can aperson be treated for hep c when they have an avm
I just wanted to know if it was safe to receive treatment for hep c while still having a portion of my avm still existing
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra Xr, Lamictal Xr for a patient with Epilepsy.
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Lamictal, Keppra, Mirapex for a patient with Epilepsy, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Tmjd, Peripheral Neuropathy, Osteoarthritis, Inflammation
- A study of drug interactions between Keppra, Lamictal for a patient with Seizure Disorder.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lamictal, Abilify for a 20-year old man who has Anger
- Comparions of Topamax, Keppra Xr for a 35-year old woman who has Epilepsy
- Comparions of Benzyl Benzoate, Lamotrigine for a 23-year old woman who has Seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.