Review: Lamictal and Seroquel drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Lamictal and Seroquel. It is created by eHealthMe based on 4,547 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Lamictal (latest outcomes from 40,293 users) has active ingredients of lamotrigine. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
Seroquel (latest outcomes from 78,875 users) has active ingredients of quetiapine fumarate. It is often used in bipolar disorder.
On Mar, 2, 2014: 4,547 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lamictal, Seroquel are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lamictal (lamotrigine)
- Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lamictal, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||783|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||764|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||530|
|Drug Dose Omission||334|
|Headache (pain in head)||250|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lamictal, Seroquel:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||420|
|Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin)||298|
|Blood Cholesterol Increased||195|
|Obesity (a medical condition in which excess body fat)||81|
|Drug Dose Omission||51|
|Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)||48|
|Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||46|
|Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage)||46|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bipolar disorder
- Bipolar i disorder
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lamictal (lamotrigine) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Seroquel (quetiapine fumarate) is often used to treat bipolar disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lamictal is used in:
- Seroquel is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lamictal alternatives:
- Seroquel alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (3 months ago):
I get very cold, tightness starts around outer corners of my mouth and my nostrils sort of move on their own. I suddenly go quiet, loose focus, get tunnel vision and the reaction worsens.
Increase in breast size since taking yaz.
Hemoglobin level was 7.4 in September, now at 8.6. Had gastric bypass in 2002, with no previous anemia issues.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By tesha: Can u take byetta while taking lamotrigine
need to know before I start byetta if u can take byetta with lamotrigine?
- By always kept private: Should you take zoloft with keppra and lamictal
Should I take Zoloft with Keppra and Lamictal? I sometimes feel like I am going to have seizure and this became more prevalent when I began taking Zoloft
- By patriciami: I have night episodes of binge eating without hunger
I have Parkinson Disease diagnosed 4 years ago. It seems to be a slow developing PD since my symptoms have increased very little or nothing in all these years. I have a serious condition of insomnia, I get asleep very soon but awake many times during the night (6 or 7 times), I have been Rx sever ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Chelette: Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall Xr 15, Lamictal, Seroquel, Prozac for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Depression. The patient has Oculogyric Crisis, Oromandibular Dystonia
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Wellbutrin Xl, Diazepam, Seroquel Xr, Yaz for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Bipolar 1, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Stuffy Nose (Nasal congestion), Abdominal Bloating, Social Avoidant Behaviour, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (Fatigue), Nausea And Vomiting, Weight Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Cymbalta, Seroquel, Lamictal for a patient with Pain Trauma Activated, Aat Deficiency, Depression, Insomnia, Bipolar 1. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling), Weakness, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath (Breathing difficulty)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.