Drug interactions between Levothroid and Psyllium husk
This is a real world study of Levothroid and Psyllium husk drug interactions. The study is created by eHealthMe based on 100 reports from FDA.
Do you have chronic disease and take multiple drugs? eHealthMe can monitor your drugs and notify you when there are serious drug reactions detected. Our original studies have been used on premier medical publications. The monitor will be personalized to your gender and age. Start now
What are the drugs
Levothroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is used in hypothyroidism, thyroid function tests, thyroid diseases, chronic thyroiditis, hyperthyroidism, primary hypothyroidism.
Psyllium husk has active ingredients of blond psyllium. It is used in constipation.
On May, 19, 2013: 100 people who reported to have interactions when taking Levothroid, Psyllium husk are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Levothroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Psyllium husk (blond psyllium)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Levothroid, Psyllium husk:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|5||Urinary Tract Infection||11|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Levothroid, Psyllium husk:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- get notified of updates of this study
- let eHealthMe monitor your drugs
- post a comment or see what 2 people said
- get our mobile app: never miss a symptom, compare it with patients like me in real time, and discuss it with doctors later
- still have questions? Check any related studies below
Side effects in real world:
On eHealthMe, Levothroid (levothyroxine sodium) is often used to treat hypothyroidism. Psyllium Husk (blond psyllium) is often used to treat constipation. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Levothroid is used in:
- Psyllium husk is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Levothroid alternatives:
- Psyllium husk alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
From this study (2 months ago):
Sine Feb 2013 began to developed swollen tongue and difficulty speaking and now is more severe making my speech difficult.
Gabapentin helps with nerve pain and RLS but causes edema that is getting progressively worse.
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Dietary Fiber, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Simvastatin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Supplementation Therapy, Hypothyroidism, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Amenorrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Plavix, Lisinopril, Levothyroxine Sodium, Bumetanide, Amaryl, Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Aleve, Colace, Ambien Cr, Vitamin D, Lecithin, Psyllium Husk, Potassium, Coenzyme Q10, Centrum Silver, Cascara Sagrada, Aspirin, Coreg, Simvastatin for a patient with Thrombosis Prophylaxis, Blood Pressure, Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Fluid Retention, Blood Glucose Increased, Pain. The patient has Underdose, Pain, Malaise, Intestinal Obstruction, Herpes Zoster, Headache, Contusion (Head injury), Chronic Sinusitis (Sinusitis - chronic), Cholelithiasis (Gallstones), Cardiac Failure Congestive, Asthenia (Weakness)
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, Ispaghula, Olanzapine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Depressed Mood. The patient has Condition Aggravated, Depressed Mood, Medication Residue, Tablet Issue
- A study of drug interactions between Septrin, Calcichew D3, Aspirin, Chondroitin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Ispaghula Husk, Lansoprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Acetaminophen, Simvastatin, Dapsone, Amoxicillin, Furosemide, Meropenem for a patient with Rash, Hairy Cell Leukaemia, Abdominal Discomfort, Pruritus, Neutropenic Sepsis. The patient has Chills, Excoriation, Exfoliative Rash, Eyelid Margin Crusting, Pyrexia (Fever), Staphylococcal Skin Infection, Toxic Skin Eruption
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Mirtazapine, Olanzapine, Venlafaxine for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Depressed Mood, Insomnia. The patient has Depressed Mood, Drug Ineffective, Medication Residue
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Diovan Hct, Metformin, Glipizide, Synthroid, Gabapentin, Psyllium, Prednisone, Metoprolol for a patient with Pain, Hypertension, Pain In Extremity. The patient has Somnolence (Drowsiness), Drug Ineffective, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Ispaghula, Levothyroxine Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Mirtazapine, Olanzapine for a patient with Depressed Mood. The patient has Medication Residue, Depressed Mood
- A study of drug interactions between Morphine, Zosyn, Daptomycin, Acyclovir, Lansoprazole, Psyllium, Prednisone, Insulin, Demerol, Hydromorphone Hcl, Levothyroxine for a patient with Pain. The patient has Unresponsive To Stimuli, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Hypotension
- A study of drug interactions between Pancrelipase, Psyllium Husk, Omeprazole, Trazodone Hcl, Levothyroxine, Lantus, Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Lamictal, Zenpep for a patient with Pancreatitis Chronic. The patient has Pancreatitis Acute, Abdominal Tenderness
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocortisone, Escitalopram, Methylphenidate Hcl, Desmopressin Acetate, Levetiracetam, Aspart Insulin, Lansoprazole, Thiamine Hcl, Levothyroxine Sodium, M.v.i., Lactobacillus, Psyllium, Senna, Heparin for a patient with Thrombosis Prophylaxis. The patient has Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged
- A study of drug interactions between Amiloride Hydrochloride And Furosemide, Clarithromycin, Azithromycin, Warfarin Sodium, Carbocysteine, Benzocaine, Zolpidem Tartrate, Terbutaline Sulfate, Risedronate Sodium, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Diazepam, Psyllium Husk, Budesonide And Formoterol Fumarate, Codeine, Calcium Carbonate And Cholecalciferol, Singulair for a patient with Asthma. The patient has International Normalised Ratio Abnormal, Drug Interaction
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Levothyroxine Sodium, Diazepam, Codeine, Amiloride Hydrochloride And Furosemide, Clarithromycin, Azithromycin, Calcium Carbonate And Cholecalciferol, Warfarin Sodium, Psyllium Husk, Carbocysteine, Benzocaine, Zolpidem Tartrate, Terbutaline Sulfate, Budesonide And Formoterol Fumarate, Risedronate Sodium, Prednisolone for a patient with Asthma. The patient has International Normalised Ratio Abnormal, Drug Interaction
- A study of drug interactions between Percocet, Vicodin, Acetaminophen And Oxycodone Hcl, Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Sorafenib, Coumadin, Sodium Bicarb, Sertraline, Levothyroxine Sodium, Flunisolide Spray, Finasteride, Docusate Na, Aspirin, Amlodipine, Allopurinol, Benzoin Top Tincture, Senna, Psyllium for a patient with Pain In Extremity, Pain, Renal Cancer. The patient has Retroperitoneal Haematoma, International Normalised Ratio Increased, Hypovolaemic Shock, Dyspnoea (Breathing difficulty), Deep Vein Thrombosis (Deep venous thrombosis), Death, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine, Aspirin, Methocarbamol, Trazodone, Simethicone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Nitroglycerin, Clopidogrel Sulfate, Clonazepam, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lansoprazole, Psyllium, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Morphine, Fentanyl, Milk Of Magnesia, Celecoxib for a patient with Adenomatous Polyposis Coli. The patient has Angina Unstable
- A study of drug interactions between Celecoxib, Vitamin E, Nitroglycerin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lansoprazole, Levothyroxine, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Methocarbamol, Trazodone, Simethicone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Clonazepam, Simvastatin, Clopidogrel, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Psyllium, Glyceryl Trinitrate for a patient with Polyp. The patient has Angina Unstable
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Levothyroxine, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Trazodone, Simethicone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol Tartrate, Zolpidem Tartrate, Clonazepam, Simvastatin, Lansoprazole, Clopidogrel, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Celecoxib, Psyllium, Glyceryl Trinitrate for a patient with Polyp. The patient has Angina Unstable
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Levothyroxine, Aspirin, Midazolam Hydrochloride, Morphine, Fentanyl, Milk Of Magnesia, Celecoxib, Psyllium, Methocarbamol, Trazodone, Simethicone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Nitroglycerin, Clopidogrel Sulfate, Clonazepam, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lansoprazole for a patient with Adenomatous Polyposis Coli. The patient has Angina Unstable
- A study of drug interactions between Simcor, Nitroglycerin, Darifenacin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Propranolol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Meclizine, Fexofenadine, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Acetylsalicylic Acid Srt, Magnesium Sulfate, Ergocalciferol, Ascorbic Acid, Colon Cleanser, Vitamin B Complex Cap, Vitamin E, Calcium, Belladonna, Plantago Ovata, Kidney Medication for a patient with High Density Lipoprotein Decreased. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Chest Pain, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea), Hyperhidrosis, Palpitations (Heart palpitations)
- A study of drug interactions between Mirapex, Prozac, Lisinopril, Atenolol, Fosamax, Aspirin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fluoxetine Hcl, Phenazopyridine Hcl Tab, Enablex, Vytorin, Multi-vitamin, Chromium Picolonate, Pepcid, Flu Shot, Calcium, Psyllium Seed Husk, Flax Seed Oil for a patient with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, Hypertension, Osteoporosis, Cardiac Disorder, Thyroid Disorder, Urinary Tract Infection, Bladder Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Abnormal Behaviour, Abnormal Dreams, Dry Mouth, Feeling Abnormal, Gait Disturbance, Headache, Muscle Spasms, Oedema Peripheral, Pain In Extremity, Somnolence (Drowsiness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Quetiapine Fumarate, Lorazepam, Multi-vitamin, Docusate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Psyllium Husk, Vitamin E for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Alanine Aminotransferase Increased, Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased, Blood Albumin Decreased, Blood Alkaline Phosphatase Increased, Blood Lactate Dehydrogenase Increased, Chills, Drug Hypersensitivity, Headache, Hepatic Function Abnormal, Nausea, Pyrexia (Fever), Rash Maculo-papular, Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.