Review: Lialda and Sulfadiazine
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lialda and Sulfadiazine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lialda and Sulfadiazine >>>
What are the drugs
Lialda (latest outcomes from 1,441 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis.
Sulfadiazine (latest outcomes from 748 users) has active ingredients of sulfadiazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1 people who take Lialda, Sulfadiazine is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lialda (mesalamine)
- Sulfadiazine (sulfadiazine)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Injection Site Swelling|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Injection Site Swelling||n/a|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||Injection Site Swelling||n/a||n/a||n/a|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lialda and Sulfadiazine?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Lialda and Sulfadiazine
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lialda and Sulfadiazine
- support group for people who take Lialda
- support group for people who take Sulfadiazine
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
- I have got ulcerative collits
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Pentasa)
hi I have had ulcerative colitis since 2007 I have been taking solfalk, during that time two years ago a dr gave me pentasa suppository I have been using it for 2 years since that time I developed chloasma (melasma) and my hair is thinning could this medicine be effecting it. I was fine when ...
- Does lialda creates a erectal disfunction
(Asked by a 41 year old man who has Erectal Disfunction, and takes Lialda)
My sex drive is not there now and I'll been taking lialda for 2 months
- Remicade or ulcerative colitis causing joint pain?
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Remicade, Mesalamine, Purinethol)
Im also on mesalamine, 6 mp and trazadone. Ive had joint pain in elbow before but i realised it was caused by taking cortenema. I stoped the med and pain went away. After my first infusion of remicade (2days) i started with the knee, ankle, elbows , wrists and hands pain. The more i do. The worst ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why has my bloodpresher now shot up
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfadiazine)
My blood pressure was always low 120/68 now since being treated for rheumatoid arthritis it has shot up to 175/92
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Apriso skin reaction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Redness And Burning Face Mimic Rosacea, Allergic Sinusitis, and takes Apriso)
Began the Apriso late September 2013. Within a couple of weeks had symptoms of a constantly runny nose and sinus pressure. By mid-November 2013, I began have redness of cheeks and nose. Then a progression of the redness with small red swollen blood vessels to surface. There was a burning. Special ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Microscopic Colitis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, and takes Asacol Hd, Metformin)
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lialda (mesalamine) is often used to treat ulcerative colitis. Sulfadiazine (sulfadiazine) is often used to treat rheumatoid arthritis. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lialda is used in:
- Sulfadiazine is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lialda alternatives:
- Sulfadiazine alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged and had ringing in the ears. I got them cleaned and the ringing was still there. I noticed it even more when I raised my Zoloft intake.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cleaned and noticed the ringing. Also noticed the ringing after raising my Zoloft.
- A study of drug interactions between Avastin, Ramipril, Mesalamine for a patient with Hypertension, Colitis. The patient has Chest Pain
Comments: mild chest pain with heavy exertion
- A study of drug interactions between Excedrin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pentasa, Cymbalta for a patient with Migraine, Hypothyroidism, Crohn's Disease, Depression. The patient has Cough Aggravated, Indigestion, Stomach Discomfort, Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Tremor, Hair Loss, Difficulty Breathing, Sore Throat, Choking
Comments: Jan 2014 CDiff, mucus in stool, very weak sick, stool incontinence 3-4 times a day. Had been on most meds since March 2014 after diagnosis of UC/Crohn's/Proctitis, in July I started to loose my hair in handfulls. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I started shaking a lot and noticed facial tremors ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Probiotics, Vitamin E, Tecfidera, Sertraline, Wellbutrin, Lialda for a patient with Autoimmune Disorder, Ulcerative Colitis, Inflammation, Ms, Pms, Depression. The patient has Pelvic Discomfort
Comments: Discomfort becomes worse after activities like walking, jogging.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.