Review: Librium and Hydroxyzine
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Librium and Hydroxyzine together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Librium and Hydroxyzine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 70 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Librium and Hydroxyzine >>>
What are the drugs
Librium (latest outcomes from 1,673 users) has active ingredients of chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Hydroxyzine (latest outcomes from 9,091 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 70 people who take Librium, Hydroxyzine are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Librium (chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride)
- Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Depression||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control|
|Sinusitis||Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Delirium||Depression||Diabetes Mellitus||Weight Increased||Dizziness|
|Suicidal Ideation||Drug Withdrawal Syndrome||Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control||Myocardial Ischaemia||Dyspnoea|
|Polysubstance Dependence||Migraine||Pancreatitis||Decreased Appetite||Chest Pain|
|Schizoaffective Disorder||Hypertension||Completed Suicide||Myocardial Infarction||Fatigue|
|Toothache||Pain||Diabetic Coma||Ejection Fraction Decreased||Oedema Peripheral|
|Vaginal Haemorrhage||Anxiety||Pancreatitis Relapsing||Tremor||Cough|
|Pharyngitis||Accidental Overdose||Ketoacidosis||Blood Pressure Increased||Asthenia|
|Headache||Lymphadenopathy||Cardiac Arrest||Bundle Branch Block Left||Vomiting|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Librium and Hydroxyzine?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Librium and Hydroxyzine
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Librium and Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who take Librium
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Nervousness, Chest Pain, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Weakness, and takes Hydroxyzine, Zoloft)
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Leg Pains, and takes Hydroxyzine, Singulair, Meloxicam, Benicar, Crestor, Nexium)
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
(Asked by a 54 year old man who has Hepatitis C, and takes Levorphanol Tartrate, Eszopiclone, Lasix, Potassium Chloride, Spironolactone, Magnesium Oxide, Escitalopram Oxalate, Omeprazole, Lactulose, Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine)
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca.. Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Hydroxyzine and suboxone is it safe together?? almost at my 6 month mark of this pregnancy!
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Bipolar 1, Anxiety And Stress, Pain, and takes Suboxone, Hydroxyzine)
I'm almost 6 months pregnant. The doctor started me on 25mg of hydroxyzine 1 or 2 for anxiety and 1 or 2 at bed. I've just been taking 3 an hour or so before bed. Today he started me on 1 mg of Suboxone a day. Is my 3 an evening still going to be safe because it's helped tremendously with making up ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Pain in top & back of head after using vistrial
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Pain In Head, and takes Hydroxyzine)
I took hydroxyzine for 1 week & had the worst headache. The pain was in the forehead, top & back of head. There was a lot of pressure too. I was afraid of a bloodclot forming so I didn't take anymore. I didn't know this drug was an antihistimine but I cannot take this type of drug.
- Eczema and birth control
(Posted by a 24 year old woman who has Eczema, and takes Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Hydroxyzine, Singulair)
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
- I got really horrible tremors.
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Severe Tremors, and takes Vistaril)
I had severe almost convulsing tremors, I made myself throw up the medication and the tremors subsided. My body feels really sore from the intensity of the tremors but I feel a lot better. I won't continue taking this medication, it was a nightmare.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Librium (chlordiazepoxide hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Librium is used in:
- Hydroxyzine is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Librium alternatives:
- Hydroxyzine alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Vistaril for a patient with Allergy. The patient has Nightmares - Repeated (repeated unpleasant dream)
Comments: first they were just wired dreams, now they are nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Vistaril, Prozac, Xanax for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Chronic Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Medical Observation Abnormal, Medical Problems Caused From Hard Work All My Life, Major Depression
Comments: You can say I've give on everything. I stay in my bedroom all the time. I dont like to be around no one and don't like to do nothing no more. This has been going on for over two years now. I can't get no help or insurance to get my medical problems. I guess the government is just waiting for us sick ...
- A study of drug interactions between ASA, Librium, Digoxin for a patient with Prophylactics, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Arrhythmia. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: took lanoxin for over 20 years, was taken off for about a year and then just been put back on it, the generic Digiteck
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Hydroxyzine, Seasonique for a patient with Preventive Surgery, Allergy To Animal, Itching, Birth Control. The patient has Mononucleosis, Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods
Comments: Just wondering if mono could be the reason for my irregular vaginal bleeding on birth control between periods.
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Vistaril, Clindamycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Tooth Infection. The patient has Heartburn
Comments: 5 minutes after taking clindamycin hcl, i had heartburn so bad i though i was gonna puke. it was very painful and when i burped i threw up in my mouth and it tasted horrible.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.