Review: Lorazepam and Prilosec
Summary: drug interactions are reported among people who take Lorazepam and Prilosec together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Lorazepam and Prilosec. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,585 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Lorazepam and Prilosec >>>
What are the drugs
Lorazepam (latest outcomes from 47,085 users) has active ingredients of lorazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Prilosec (latest outcomes from 61,520 users) has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 7,584 people who take Lorazepam, Prilosec are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lorazepam (lorazepam)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
Drug effectiveness over time :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Lorazepam is effective||44.44%|
(8 of 18 people)
(9 of 28 people)
(4 of 8 people)
(4 of 15 people)
(16 of 29 people)
(11 of 17 people)
(12 of 16 people)
(0 of 1 people)
|Prilosec is effective||33.33%|
(4 of 12 people)
(7 of 15 people)
(8 of 18 people)
(6 of 17 people)
(22 of 29 people)
(14 of 28 people)
(10 of 13 people)
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Nausea||Dyspnoea||Febrile Neutropenia||Dementia||Nausea||Dizziness||Pulmonary Embolism||Anxiety|
|Diarrhoea||Convulsion||Abdominal Pain||Confusional State||Pain||Depression||Pain - Muscles||Dyspnoea|
|Convulsion||Pyrexia||Clostridium Difficile Colitis||Fear||Abdominal Pain Upper||Headache||Pain - Joints||Vomiting|
|Loss Of Consciousness||Anxiety||Fungal Rhinitis||Diabetes Mellitus||Emotional Distress||Nausea||Hair Loss||Fatigue|
|Pneumonia||Depression||Leukaemia Recurrent||Gingival Bleeding||General Physical Health Deterioration||Constipation||Sweating - Excessive||Anaemia|
|Depression||Headache||Chest Pain||Hallucination||Biliary Dyskinesia||Pancreatitis Nos||Headache - Migraine Without Aura||Diarrhoea|
|Asthenia||Psychotic Disorder||Systemic Mycosis||Hyperglycaemia||Dizziness||Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage||Angular Cheilitis||Pyrexia|
|Headache||Malaise||Muscle Spasms||Multiple Myeloma||Pulmonary Embolism||Cheilitis||Oral Pain||Asthenia|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
|Lorazepam is effective||55.06%|
(49 of 89 people)
(15 of 42 people)
|Prilosec is effective||50.00%|
(44 of 88 people)
(27 of 44 people)
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
|Lorazepam is effective||n/a||n/a||12.50%|
(2 of 16 people)
(3 of 39 people)
(10 of 43 people)
(14 of 55 people)
(19 of 59 people)
(16 of 51 people)
|Prilosec is effective||n/a||n/a||20.00%|
(2 of 10 people)
(4 of 40 people)
(10 of 42 people)
(19 of 55 people)
(16 of 60 people)
(20 of 51 people)
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|Haematochezia||Crohn's Disease||Vomiting||Nausea||Vomiting||Chest Pain||Anxiety||Fall|
|Abdominal Pain||Status Epilepticus||Headache||Pain||Pyrexia||Anxiety||Nausea||Asthenia|
|Alanine Aminotransferase Increased||Ascites||Sepsis||Anxiety||Anxiety||Pain||Fatigue||Anaemia|
|Tachycardia||Neutropenic Colitis||Abdominal Pain||Dyspnoea||Pyrexia||Arthralgia||Pain|
|Osteoporosis||Hepatitis Cholestatic||Cholecystitis Chronic||Nausea||Dyspnoea||Anaemia||Anxiety|
|Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased||Hypertension||Dehydration||Headache||Depression||Diarrhoea||Vomiting|
|Collapse Of Lung||Crohn's Disease||Hypokalaemia||Suicidal Ideation||Constipation||Dyspnoea||Dyspnoea|
|Transient Ischaemic Attack||Respiratory Arrest||Headache||Fatigue||Asthenia||Osteonecrosis Of Jaw||Diarrhoea|
|Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus||Septic Shock||Cholelithiasis||Asthenia||Fatigue||Depression||Pneumonia|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Lorazepam and Prilosec?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Lorazepam and Prilosec
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Lorazepam and Prilosec
- support group for people who take Lorazepam
- support group for people who take Prilosec
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take my ativan if i'm taking phenteremine?
(Asked by a 40 year old woman who has Anxiety, and takes Ativan)
I just started taking phenteremine and I can't sleep. I take it at 6 am Am I able to take an Ativan at bed time?
- I can't figure out how to get to the discussion boards. how do you do that? also, i tried to respond to a question and it said i needed more info, like i was signing up for the group. i have done tha
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Barrett's Esophagus, and takes Omeprazole)
I am taking a large dose of omeprazole temporarily until they do another disgnostic test. The only other drug I currently take is levothyroxine but I have no questions about that at this time.
- Can 200 grams doxycycline cause arrythmia?
(Asked by a 89 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolism, and takes Prilosec, Crestor, Welchol)
Can 200 grams of Doxycycline bring on arrythmia???
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has b ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Sleep apnea and vertigo
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Vertigo And Sleep Apnea, and takes Lorazepam)
Previous to Lorazepam, I was taking Mekclezine. Both makes me feel worst longer with vertigo. Usually when I fall asleep without my mouth guard, I get a serious bout of Vertigo for several days and the medications just cause more dizziness and the problem last even longer. I also find when I am u ...
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lorazepam (lorazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Prilosec (omeprazole) is often used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lorazepam is used in:
- Prilosec is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lorazepam alternatives:
- Prilosec alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Morphine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Ativan for a patient with Pain, Depression, Nausea Post Chemotherapy.
Comments: Given Ativan during all phases of triple negative inflammatory breast cancer treatment. Given with chemo, before surgery, before scopings, and for home use. Other than what the hospital and cancer center gave to me during treatment. Took 1-2 mg/night for nearly two years. Had nearly every side effec ...
- A study of drug interactions between Humira, Omeprazole, Restoril, Zofran, Butrans, Oxycodone for a patient with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Heartburn, Insomnia, Naseau. The patient has Pain - Back, Nausea, Stomach Pain
Comments: I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis back in 1982. I am also on Domperidone for Gastraparisis that I use to get from Canada, now I get from local compounding pharmacy. In the past few years I have gone from Methadone for the chronic pain of the AS, to the butrans patch. It seemed to help with ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Xanax, Ativan, Synthroid, Effexor Xr, Seroquel, Lamictal Xr, Buspar for a patient with Chronic Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar I Disorder, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Elevated Cholesterol, Elevated Blood Sugar
Comments: In the past 3 months I've had numerous medication changes. I never had problems with blood pressure, cholesterol or sugar. I go for blood tests every three months to see if my Synthroid needs to be adjusted and the lab does a battery of other tests also. Last year my blood sugar was 84 and choleste ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.