Review: Lortab and Coreg drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Lortab and Coreg. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,084 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Lortab (latest outcomes from 16,239 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain.
Coreg (latest outcomes from 23,733 users) has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 2,084 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lortab, Coreg are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lortab (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate)
- Coreg (carvedilol)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lortab, Coreg:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||858|
|Cardiac Failure Congestive||475|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||373|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||302|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||272|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lortab, Coreg:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||12|
|Coronary Artery Disease (plaque building up along the inner walls of the arteries of the heart, which narrows the arteries and restricts blood flow to the heart)||12|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||6|
|Ischaemic Cardiomyopathy (weakness in the muscle of the heart due to inadequate oxygen delivery to the myocardium with coronary artery disease)||5|
|Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood)||5|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||4|
|Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure)||3|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lortab (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used to treat acupuncture and pain. Coreg (carvedilol) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lortab is used in:
- Coreg is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lortab alternatives:
- Coreg alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
Very low sperm count. Trying to raise back up
on remicade iv. just tested positive for the pylori bacteria. done been treated. got to be retested in 2 weeks. want to know if remicade can cause this.
All these drugs are subsequent to multiple artery dissections with aorta arch stent and femoral-to-femoral stent and several transient ischemic attacks.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By douglas: Can norco cause heartburn
The use of Norco is causing heartburn. I.ve used various drugs with hydrocodone and Tylenol type drugs such as Lortab, Vicodin, etc. But I,ve never had one cause severe heartburn like this Norco does.
- By DianeR: I have been taking loratab 7.5 for several years with no problem and have been switched to the norco 7.5/325 and have been not feeling well is there a difference in ingredients/
Has anyone else experienced side effects while taking this? I actually feel like I am being poisoned. Is there an alternative out there?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By vtway: Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- By Nikkiney.79: Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Carisoprodol, Colestipol Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Protonix, Lyrica, Carvedilol, Lisinopril for a patient with Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Ibs, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gerd, Angina, Hypertension. The patient has Sperm Count Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Lisinopril, Carvedilol, Remicade for a patient with B-12, Aging Changes In The Bones - Muscles - Joints, Vitamin D, Pain, Blood Pressure Abnormal, Blood Pressure, Arthritis. The patient has Hiv Test Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Flexeril, Simvastatin, Warfarin Sodium, Benicar, Carvedilol for a patient with Clotting, Breakthrough Hypertension, Musculoskeletal Chest Pain, Leg Cramps, Inflamation, Thrombus Associated With Dissected Arteries, Systolic Hypertension. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.