Review: Losartan and Grapefruit
Summary: there is no drug interactions reported by people who take Losartan and Grapefruit together yet.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Losartan and Grapefruit. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Losartan and Grapefruit >>>
What are the drugs
Losartan (latest outcomes from 14,015 users) has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Grapefruit (latest outcomes from 85 users) has active ingredients of grapefruit.
On Nov, 27, 2014: 0 people who takes Losartan, Grapefruit is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Grapefruit (grapefruit)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Losartan and Grapefruit?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Losartan and Grapefruit
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Losartan and Grapefruit
- support group for people who take Grapefruit
- support group for people who take Losartan
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Does lostartan potassium affect a hiatus hernia
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Increased, , and takes Losartan Potassium)
Does this medication affect my hiatus hernia.i am having swelling in my tummy and very uncomfortable indeed under the ribs.
- I'm on 1 1/12 mg of suboxone. would i have to go off of it if i need major surgery?
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who takes Wellbutrin, Synthroid, Seroquel, Neurontin, Nexium, Losartan, Lamictal, Cardizem La)
I was taking about 5 to 15 mg of Percocet a day and wanted to get off them. If I don't take suboxone at night I get EXTREME discomfort down my left leg & can not sleep due to pressure on my lower back (that's why I had to take Percocet). I have tried NUMEROUS meds over the past 20 yrs & nothing work ...
- Losartan 75mg med not working for anyone else?
(Asked by a 53 year old woman who has Cushing's Syndrome, Prediabetes, Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis, Tumor - Acoustic, Peripherial Neuropathy, Adrenal Insufficiency, Hypertension, and takes Losartan)
BP 149/103, 151/94, 151/94, 153/100, 150/103 after taking up to 75mg of Losartan for BP.
- Does plavix hoarseness lessen or recede?
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, and takes Metoprolol Tartrate, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Cozaar, Aspirin, Plavix)
I started taking Plavix prior to a stent placement one week ago. After two or three days I developed a hoarseness and voice interference.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Blood in urine after taking lovasartan potassium for a year.
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, and takes Losartan Potassium)
Took 25mg per day for more than a year and started to have blood and clots in my urine. I had a TURP about 5 years ago.
- Losartan potassium headaches
(Posted by a 34 year old man who has Headache, Hypertension, and takes Losartan Potassium)
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
- Losartan potassium bad dreams
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has I Am Having Dreams Nightly., and takes Losartan Potassium)
This drug is causing me dreams nightly. I have taken it for 3 weeks. Will be letting my physician know.
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Losartan (losartan potassium) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Losartan is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Losartan alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Lisinopril for a patient with Nephropathy - Iga. The patient has Toothache
Comments: My tooth is aching and I want to know if it has to do with my high blood pressure or my medications
- A study of side effects of Cozaar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Burns
Comments: took xray treatments for psoriasis and got bad burns on several parts of my body
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Loratadine, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Allergic Sinusitis, Hypertension. The patient has Heat Exhaustion
Comments: also take Phentermine 37.5 mg
- A study of drug interactions between Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis,lupus,vasculitis, need to use walker, legs weak and clumsey-can do very little in house,difficult to walk even with walker
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.