Review: Lyrica and Keppra drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Lyrica and Keppra. It is created by eHealthMe based on 662 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,316 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Keppra (latest outcomes from 21,097 users) has active ingredients of levetiracetam. It is often used in epilepsy.
On Mar, 7, 2014: 662 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lyrica, Keppra are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Keppra (levetiracetam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lyrica, Keppra:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||212|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||132|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||86|
|Grand Mal Convulsion (a type of generalized seizure that affects the entire brain)||55|
|Loss Of Consciousness||39|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lyrica, Keppra:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body)||9|
|Somnolence (a state of near-sleep, a strong desire for sleep)||4|
|Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision)||4|
|Optic Atrophy (the loss of a proportion of optic disc nerve fibres)||4|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||4|
|Depression Suicidal (suicide depressive disorder)||3|
|Adrenal Insufficiency (condition in which the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroids)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
- Partial seizures
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used to treat fibromyalgia. Keppra (levetiracetam) is often used to treat epilepsy. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lyrica is used in:
- Keppra is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lyrica alternatives:
- Keppra alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
From this study (2 years ago):
I am trying to find out if taking Lyrica has caused me to develop a chronic cough or if it is just allergies
Over past 2 months have been increasing Keppra to present dose of 2000 miligrams daily. Low Sodium level detected 2 weeks ago, at 130. Dilantin is 600 miligrams daily.
i am on multiple meds after total removal of para and thyroid glands
june turner 256557 9964 on Apr, 17, 2012:
i still have seizures most everday, pain from fibromyalgia, numbness in left arm hand ,leg and shoulder, need help on diagnosis and help. i have reactions to light ,heat, cold,sound, and numerous others due to this...
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Ralshell: Has anyone have restless syndrom after taking keppra
I was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome after taking keppra. My condition is serve, luckily I was in the hospital when I had my episode. I was on camera for observation of partial seizure when this happened on my second day in the hospital. Has one had a severely bad episode. I became hysterical ...
- By always kept private: Should you take zoloft with keppra and lamictal
Should I take Zoloft with Keppra and Lamictal? I sometimes feel like I am going to have seizure and this became more prevalent when I began taking Zoloft
- By Dhowen: Will aoolprinol increase my creatine level
Foot pain, stage 2 kidney disease and recent laminectomy. Weakness of legs and foot pain inhibit ability to exercise via walking and bicycling. Stage 2 kidney disease caused me to switch from allopurinol to Lyrica. Do not tolerate side effects very well of Lyrica dosage of 75 mg, twice a day. Lyric ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By lisabug: Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- By poetbjc: Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now. Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures Some o ...
- By SueCorvette: Sleepwalking while on lyrica
I have never had issues with sleepwalking until taking Lyrica. I have had some terrifying experiences like walking up in a hotel lobby in my short nightie. After several episodes, I stopped taking lyrica and stopped sleepwalking. Recently my doctor put me back on this drug and the first night I took ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Lyrica, Sertraline, Benicar Hct, Keppra for a patient with Preventive Health Care, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Depression, Hypertension, Seizure Disorder. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Actonel, Zanaflex, Dilantin, Keppra, Miralax, Ibuprofen, Diazepam, Lyrica, Nasonex for a patient with Depression, Osteopenia, Muscle Spasms, Seizure Disorder, Constipation, Anal Inflammation, Ptsd, Nerve Pain, Allergies. The patient has Fe Sodium (Fractional excretion of sodium)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Ativan, Seroquel, Neurontin, Keppra, Lyrica, Promethazine Hydrochloride Plain, Butapap, Omeprazole, Topamax, Ambien, HCTZ, Levothyroxine Sodium, Potassium Chloride 10meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Ergocalciferol for a patient with Parathyroid Disorder, Seizures, Depression, ?, Fibromyalgia, Stomach Upset, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Ulcer - Stomach, Restlessness, Calcium And Bones, Low Thyroid, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Parathyroid-related Hypercalcemia. The patient has Vitamin D, Topamax
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.