Review: Lyrica and Lisinopril drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Lyrica and Lisinopril. It is created by eHealthMe based on 2,608 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Lyrica (latest outcomes from 66,316 users) has active ingredients of pregabalin. It is often used in fibromyalgia.
Lisinopril (latest outcomes from 98,622 users) has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure.
On Feb, 9, 2014: 2,608 people who reported to have interactions when taking Lyrica, Lisinopril are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Lyrica (pregabalin)
- Lisinopril (lisinopril)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Lyrica, Lisinopril:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||494|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||246|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||239|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||236|
|Pain In Extremity||216|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Lyrica, Lisinopril:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Hunger (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires)||15|
|Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling)||10|
|Headache (pain in head)||6|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Lyrica (pregabalin) is often used to treat fibromyalgia. Lisinopril (lisinopril) is often used to treat high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Lyrica is used in:
- Lisinopril is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Lyrica alternatives:
- Lisinopril alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (4 months ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
I started taking lyrica on a Thursday and by Saturday, I had one red spot on my right wrist and on Tuesday morning discovered another red spot on the back of my hand.
Very low sperm count. Trying to raise back up
Shortly after starting LYRICA, I experienced SEVERE HAIR LOSS, IN A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. I felt EXTREMELY TIRED AND SLUGGISH. I ALSO EXPERIENCED SHORTNESS OF BREATH. ALSO SEVERE LOSS OF APPETITE...TO THE POINT OF WHERE I WOULD NOT EVEN EAT AT ALL FOR DAYS AT A TIME. WITHIN A FEW MONTHS OF BEGINNING LYRICA, I SUFFERED A MYOCARDIAL INFARCTION WHICH RESULTED IN A OPEN HEART BYPASS SURGERY. I AM CONCERNED THAT THE LYRICA CAUSED THE HEART ATTACK. IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By brendalea787: Should i be concerned with my heart pounding really hard?
i just started taking lisinopril 4 days ago and on the first day i took it, my heart started pounding really hard but eventually went away. Now on the 4th day(today), i took it and the same thing happened. It comes and goes. So i'm not sure what the problem is, if it's a side effect or something els ...
- By hithere: Can i ake 10mg of lispinopril at 3pm th day before scheduled colonoscope that uses propfol as anesthetic?
can i take my lisinopril at 3pm the day before scheduled colonscopy using propofol as an anesthetic and do I take it at 3pm that day after thescope?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Jess: Metoprolol & lisinopril, vs. carvedilol, lisinopril and warfarin
Lisinopril 25mg provokes horrific depression, despair, inability to navigate back to upbeat, creative state and fear for survival. Dizziness, crippling vertigo, etc every time I move from rest. Reducing dose to 2.5mg makes side effects tolerable, with no noticeable change in therapeutic effect. Car ...
- By lisabug: Lyrica caused my kidneys to shut down
I was on Lyrica for 6 weeks and it almost killed me. I was so weak at the end that my daughter had to help me get out of bed go to the bathroom. I gained 22 lbs in 10 days. I gained over 40 lbs in 6 weeks. My ankles and feet were so swollen that the skin was starting to break open. I was in and out ...
- By Deedaa: Fibroids and prednizone
I have asthma and about once a year it needs to be treated with prednisone. I am 55 years old and my periods had stopped until I started prednizone. I have very large fibroids and also had a embolization. Once I started taking prednisone my periods returned once I stop taking it my period stop ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Lyrica, Lisinopril for a patient with Nerve Damage - Diabetic, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pinpoint Red Spots On The Skin (Bleeding into the skin)
- A study of drug interactions between Zolpidem Tartrate, Carisoprodol, Colestipol Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Protonix, Lyrica, Carvedilol, Lisinopril for a patient with Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Ibs, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Gerd, Angina, Hypertension. The patient has Sperm Count Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Dilaudid, Methadone Hydrochloride, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lyrica for a patient with Panic Attack, Fluid Retention, Blood Pressure Management, Chronic Pain, Neuralgia. The patient has Hair Loss, Myocardial Reinfarction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.