Review: Melatonin and Aspirin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Melatonin and Aspirin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 318 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,545 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Aspirin (latest outcomes from 164,096 users) has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 318 people who reported to have interactions when taking Melatonin, Aspirin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Melatonin (melatonin)
- Aspirin (aspirin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Melatonin, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||50|
|Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin)||36|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||26|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||26|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Melatonin, Aspirin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)||2|
|Shortness Of Breath||2|
|Headache (pain in head)||2|
|Fatigue Aggravated (feeling of tiredness)||1|
|Facial Stain (due To Dilated Capilaries)||1|
|Neck And Chest Skin Itching||1|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d
- Fish oil
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used to treat insomnia. Aspirin (aspirin) is often used to treat blood clots. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Melatonin is used in:
- Aspirin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Melatonin alternatives:
- Aspirin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
itching most uncomfortable during sleep 3 am to 6 am
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Curious: When is the best time of day to take a baby aspirin for a male or female over 65?
I have read that the best time of day to take a Baby Aspirin to prevent a heart attack or stroke is at night. However, not all the studies agree that the time of day matters. According to your own physician, what time of day is considered the best to receive the optimum benefits?
- By lefty: Does enalapril cause dry mouth
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- By Wayne: I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By greenjaybird: Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- By Boo Radly: Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
- By snoozy: Zopiclone causing sweating and memory loss
Been on 10mg Zopivane for probably 5 - 10 years. In 2013 migrated to 15mg Zopiclone. Previously experienced hot flashes 3 times a week and in 2013 has increased to 3 to 5 times a night. Usually I have 3 hours sleep, then after midnight the flashed start. In the morning there are sopping wet clothe ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Soluble Fiber, Melatonin, Naproxen, Aspirin, Calcium, Vitamin D, Lyrica, Micardis Hct, Crestor, Glyburide, Metformin, Omeprazole for a patient with Constipation, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Cardiovascular Disorder, Secondary Hyperparathyroidism, Diabetic Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Stomach Pain. The patient has Muscle Cramps, Chest Pain, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Zeaxanthin, Lutein, Magnesium Orotate, Vitamin B12, Milk Thistle, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Red Cherry, Tart Cherry, CoQ-10, Fish Oil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Omeprazole, Metformin, Niaspan, Synthroid, Premarin, Victoza, Clonazepam, Clonidine, Cymbalta, Fenofibrate, Crestor for a patient with Eczema, Health, Heart Rate Irregular, Energy Increased, Liver Fatty, Antioxidant Therapy, Skin Disorder, Hair Disorder, Sleepy, Sinus Headache, Counteract Niaspan Effects, Heartburn, Type 2 Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Hypothyroidism, Menopause Hot Flashes, Anxiety, Restlessness, Depression, Blood Triglycerides Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Diarrhea, Loss Of Hair (Hair loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Melatonin, Acetaminophen, Famotidine, Aspirin, Imdur, Losartan Potassium for a patient with Sleep Aid, Acid Reflux, Coronary Artery Disease, Hypertension. The patient has Neck And Chest Skin Itching
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.