Review: Mobic and Effexor Xr drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Mobic and Effexor Xr. It is created by eHealthMe based on 664 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,437 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
Effexor xr (latest outcomes from 21,695 users) has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 664 people who reported to have interactions when taking Mobic, Effexor Xr are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mobic (meloxicam)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Mobic, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||240|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||228|
|Hypertension (high blood pressure)||217|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||135|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||129|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||113|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||101|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Mobic, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Mood Altered (changes in mood)||6|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||6|
|Myocardial Infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle)||6|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||6|
|Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating)||3|
|Pulmonary Infarction (death of a small area of lung)||3|
|Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability)||3|
|Night Sweats (sweating in night)||3|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mobic (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mobic is used in:
- Effexor xr is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mobic alternatives:
- Effexor xr alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (10 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Also take multiple vitamins and minerals
Severe itching of ankles. So severe I have rubbed my skin off 1/2"x3" area in my sleep. It is much worse if I get a mosquito bite. I live in Fort Worth, TX AND West Nile Virus very bad here. Don't know if it is related.
have pain in wrist and fingers after broken wrist healed and have sciatica down the leg. Can both medications be used at the same time?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
- By svajuca: Could this be cataplexy?
I have been diagnosed with bio-polar about 4 years ago. Since then I also have experienced panic attacks and something I think might be caterplexy. Sometimes when I am in therapy session and things get heated emotionally my body kind of shuts down. My arms,legs everything gets kind of heavy and I ki ...
- By nanamom: Can abilify increase hallucinations in a person with frontotemporal lobe dementia?
I was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia 4 years ago. I have experienced hallucinations at times over the last 2 years usually related with a UTI. One ongoing hallucination that I have that is not related to UTI is seeing bugs burrowing in my arms. I also tend to see people who are not there at ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By carolinewhitney: Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- By loislane56: Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- By Tonya2247: I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Lasix, Strattera, Nasacort, Tylenol, Reglan, Losartan, Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Lipitor, Prilosec, Coumadin, Atenolol, Celexa, Mobic, Gabapentin, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension, Adhd, Allergy Prophylaxis, Pain, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercoagulable States, Osteoarthritis, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety And Stress.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Meloxicam for a patient with Blood Pressure Management, Energy, Reduce Colds, Heart Health, Pain,inflamation, Pain.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.