Review: Mobic and Effexor Xr
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mobic and Effexor Xr. It is created by eHealthMe based on 666 people who take the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
On Apr, 3, 2014: 666 people who reported to have interactions when taking Mobic, Effexor Xr are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mobic (meloxicam)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Mobic, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||480|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||475|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||348|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||332|
|Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw)||308|
|Anaemia (lack of blood)||304|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Mobic, Effexor Xr:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Headache (pain in head)||10|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||9|
|Deep Vein Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis)||9|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||6|
|Night Sweats (sweating in night)||6|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mobic (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride) is often used to treat depression. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mobic is used in:
- Effexor xr is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mobic alternatives:
- Effexor xr alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
From this study (11 months ago):
From this study (1 year ago):
Also take multiple vitamins and minerals
Severe itching of ankles. So severe I have rubbed my skin off 1/2"x3" area in my sleep. It is much worse if I get a mosquito bite. I live in Fort Worth, TX AND West Nile Virus very bad here. Don't know if it is related.
have pain in wrist and fingers after broken wrist healed and have sciatica down the leg. Can both medications be used at the same time?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- How to stop le and foot cramps?
I have been having severe leg, calf and foot cramps. I had them as a child and as I grew up, they stopped. Started having them again after my open-heart-surgery in 07. Just occasionally at first but now, almost every night. I take a potassium supplement and also try a mixture of apple cider vinegar ...
- Can venlafaxine hydrochloride (effexor) cause hyperthyroidism in elderly women?
She was diagnosed with Hashimoto disease in her 40s and treated with thyroid supplements until her mid 80s. After taking Effexor for more than one year, she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism at 88.
- How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Polymyalgia rheumatica
Diagnosed 12 months ago with type 2 diabetes - diet controlled. Diagnosed recently with polymyalgia rheumatica. Prescribed prednisone. This caused my blood sugar levels to skyrocket and. Now require insulin injections. Have developed a rash on arms & face. Have tried tapering prednisone dosage but p ...
- I got pneumonia while taking topamax, obvious correlation
I do not take all the medicines above all the time but I am using an implanted pump giving me less than 2mg of dilaudid per day, 75 mg effexor daily and usually buspar. Dr prescribed topamax within 4 days I was hospitalized with Pneumonia, stayed a week came home a week had a clear chest x ray and ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Lasix, Strattera, Nasacort, Tylenol, Reglan, Losartan, Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Lipitor, Prilosec, Coumadin, Atenolol, Celexa, Mobic, Gabapentin, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension, Adhd, Allergy Prophylaxis, Pain, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercoagulable States, Osteoarthritis, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety And Stress.
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Seroquel Xr, Mobic, Xanax, Zanaflex, Lortab, Lyrica for a patient with Major Depression, Degenerative Disc Disease, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Meloxicam for a patient with Blood Pressure Management, Energy, Reduce Colds, Heart Health, Pain,inflamation, Pain.
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Enzyme Therapy, Meloxicam, Sertraline, Losartan Potassium for a 50-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Phenergan, Plaquenil, Meloxicam for a 52-year old woman who has Pain - Joints
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Sertraline, Effexor for a 36-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.