Review: Mobic and Gabapentin drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Mobic and Gabapentin. It is created by eHealthMe based on 1,459 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Mobic (latest outcomes from 12,437 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis.
Gabapentin (latest outcomes from 39,091 users) has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia.
On Mar, 4, 2014: 1,459 people who reported to have interactions when taking Mobic, Gabapentin are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mobic (meloxicam)
- Gabapentin (gabapentin)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Mobic, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Dyspnoea (difficult or laboured respiration)||409|
|Arthralgia (joint pain)||352|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||209|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||189|
|Headache (pain in head)||181|
|Pain In Extremity||176|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Mobic, Gabapentin:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Atrial Fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart)||12|
|Blood Calcium Decreased||6|
|Pneumothorax (the presence of air or gas in the cavity between the lungs and the chest wall, causing collapse of the lung)||6|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mobic (meloxicam) is often used to treat arthritis. Gabapentin (gabapentin) is often used to treat neuralgia. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mobic is used in:
- Gabapentin is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mobic alternatives:
- Gabapentin alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
From this study (6 months ago):
Fluoxetine, cyclobenzaprine, verapamil, nortriptyline and gabapentin are all prescribed for migraine prevention as well as above listed conditions.
Also take multiple vitamins and minerals
I have continuously had the almost identical nightmare over and over again. I wake up scared, feeling like it actually happened, and I am then afraid to go back to sleep.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By Gmanana: What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- By deatheater: How many mg can cause a coma with this?
I have a cocktail of disorders. Bad news here...i've lived in a world of hell for over 9 years because of my conditions. I just want to get better.
- By Nancy: How long before the a fib stops after stopping cymbalta?
Have been taking Cymbalta for 2 months for nerve pain and developed atrial fibrillation. I stopped taking the drug 4 days ago. Can I expect the atrial fibrillation to stop any time soon?
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By the return: Osteomyelitis the battle to neutralize a punishing disease
Collar bones feet and skull 47 times in hyperbaric chamber and two years oxygen cured it disease returned after cutting toe with axe during hurricane like locked horns with disease no winner yet have not found drug to neutralize the superbug its very punishing taking 100 herbal pills daily plus clon ...
- By Frank: Addison's disease and gabapintin
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
- By Isabel: Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Black Cohosh, Meloxicam, Diclofenac Potassium, Maxalt-mlt, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Spironolactone, Fluoxetine for a patient with Insomnia, Perimenopause, Pain - Knee, Migraine With Aura, Migraine Prophylaxis, Bruxism, Restless Leg Syndrome, Blood Pressure Increased, Hirsutism, Pmdd.
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Citrate, Lasix, Strattera, Nasacort, Tylenol, Reglan, Losartan, Effexor Xr, Zanaflex, Lipitor, Prilosec, Coumadin, Atenolol, Celexa, Mobic, Gabapentin, Xanax for a patient with Vitamin Supplementation, Hypertension, Adhd, Allergy Prophylaxis, Pain, Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease, Depression, Muscle Spasms, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypercoagulable States, Osteoarthritis, Mood Stabilizer, Anxiety And Stress.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Iron Dextran, Potassium Gluconate, B Complex Vitamin, B-12, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ranitidine, Topiramate, Meloxicam, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Seroquel Xr for a patient with Calcium Deficiency, Iron Deficiency, Potassium - Low, Vitamin B Complex Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Tachycardia, Ulcer - Stomach, Migraine, Pain Management, Depression - Major, Anxiety Disorder, Insomnia. The patient has Nightmares - Repeated (Repeated nightmares)
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.