Review: taking Jakafi and Mucinex together
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Jakafi and Mucinex together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Jakafi and Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Jakafi and Mucinex >>>
Jakafi has active ingredients of ruxolitinib phosphate. It is often used in primary myelofibrosis. (latest outcomes from 485 Jakafi users) Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,837 Mucinex users)
What are the drugs
Jakafi has active ingredients of ruxolitinib phosphate. It is often used in primary myelofibrosis. (latest outcomes from 485 Jakafi users)
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 5,837 Mucinex users)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 1 people who takes Jakafi, Mucinex is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Jakafi (ruxolitinib phosphate)
- Mucinex (guaifenesin)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Jakafi and Mucinex on
Do you take Jakafi and Mucinex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Jakafi and Mucinex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Singulair, Zyrtec, Mucinex, Centrum Silver, Tekturna, Travatan Z for a 55-year old woman with Nasal Allergies, Enzyme Supplementation, Hypertension, Glaucoma. The patient has Vertigo, Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Guaifenesin, Loratadine, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium, Ginkgo Biloba, Lutein, Eyebright, Bilberry, CoQ10, Sumatriptan Succinate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Multivitamin, Estradiol, Melatonin for a 56-year old woman with Expectorant, Allergies, Osteoporosis, Memory Aids, Aids, Nail Disorder, Migraine Without Aura, Menopause Hot Flashes, Malnutrition, Insomnia. The patient has Gingival Hyperplasia
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Mucinex, Chondroitin And Glucosamine, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Allopurinol, Omeprazole, Seroquel for a 62-year old woman with Blood Count Abnormal, Nasal Congestion, Life Support, High Blood Pressure, Gout - Chronic, Gerd, Chronic Insomnia. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Sulfate, Probiotics, Centrum Silver, Calcium, B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Mucinex D, Mucinex, Aciphex, Linzess, Synthroid, Estradiol, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Singulair, Advair Diskus 500/50, Celebrex, Viibryd, Baclofen for a 66-year old woman with Muscle Spasticity, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Fatigue - Chronic, Osteopenia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Sinus Congestion, Copd, Gerd, Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Menopausal Symptoms, Depression, Asthma, Pain - Back, Irritability, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Hyponatraemia
- A study of side effects of Mucinex for a 22-year old woman with Cough. The patient has Diarrhea
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Jakafi (ruxolitinib phosphate) is often used to treat primary myelofibrosis. Mucinex (guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Jakafi is used in:
- Mucinex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Jakafi alternatives:
- Mucinex alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.