Review: Mucinex Dm and Garlic
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Mucinex Dm and Garlic together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex Dm and Garlic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Garlic >>>
What are the drugs
Mucinex dm (latest outcomes from 625 users) has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Garlic (latest outcomes from 1,269 users) has active ingredients of allium sativum. It is often used in blood pressure management.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 1 people who take Mucinex Dm, Garlic is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin)
- Garlic (allium sativum)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Mucinex Dm and Garlic?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Mucinex Dm and Garlic
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Garlic
- support group for people who take Garlic
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is causing my symptoms.
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Diarrhoea, Sciatica, Right Side Pain, and takes Milk Thistle, Lutein, Probiotics, Rosehip, Magnesium, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Fish Oil, Alcohol)
I have pain in my back and down my leg, pain under my ribs, sharp groin pain occasionally and daily loose stools.
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Urinary incontinence and odor while taking mucinex or dylsem
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Incontinence - Urinary, Urine Odor, and takes Garlic, L-Lysine, Midodrine Hydrochloride)
With in 24 hrs or less of taking either meds I have almost 0 control of my bladder and have more chemical smell to urine while taking Mucinex but also with Delsym but less intense... It takes 1week more or less for me to get back to normal. Since I knew about Mucinex, I thought I would try Delsym a ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Garlic (allium sativum) is often used to treat blood pressure management. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
- Garlic is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mucinex dm alternatives:
- Garlic alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex Dm, Focalin, Lamisil for a patient with Common Cold, Adhd, Infection - Fungal - Feet.
Comments: first some background of my medication history. since third grade i have taken ADHD medication for focus. the most resent one my doctor has given me is focalin that i now only take for exam weeks. today is the first time i have taken it this year while also taking lamisil for a fungle infection. *I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Magnesium, Garlic, Fish Oil, Topamax for a patient with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Sleep Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine. The patient has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of A Joint, Face Pain, Migraine, Fatigue, Dizziness
Comments: My celiac panel was very abnormal except for IGA which was normal. However I do not have GI symptoms. I have dizziness and light- headed ness. When I eliminated topamax the symptoms resolved. I wonder if topamax caused the blood work abnormality? I have taken it for 10 years?
- A study of drug interactions between Dapsone, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Garlic, Oil Of Oregano, L-Lysine, Echinacea, Tri-linyah for a patient with Brown Recluse Bite, Impaired Healing, Yeast Infection - Vagina, Birth Control. The patient has Vascular Insufficiency, Extravasation Blood, Inflammation, Epidermal Necrosis, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Skin Burning Sensation, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: First diag. Brown recluse spider bite. 2nd diag. Schamburgs purpura. 3rd diag. Brown recluse bite. Biopsy showed necrotic epidermis and perivascular and perieccrine lymphocytic inflammation. Biopsy would not heal. Further testing shows greater saphenous vein reflux.
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Mucinex Dm, Activella for a patient with Acid Reflux, Sinusitis, Menopause. The patient has Hoarseness
Comments: had a very bad respiratory infection in March - from which my voice has never recovered. Very hoarse and the hoarseness is getting worse rather than better. Not sick in any other way. Doctor said to continue takine the mucinex - i'm wondering if that could be hurting more than helping
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Metformin, Benicar Hct, Mucinex Dm, Azithromycin for a patient with Influenza Like Illness, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Ear Congestion, Bronchitis. The patient has Fever, Cough
Comments: I had a cough and fever, went to the doctor and they tested me for influenza type a and b, the result was negative. My fever was 101.8. The doctor prescribe Tamiflu because I have the flu like symptoms a little over 24hrs. I took the medication and my fever was gone. I returned to the doctor becaus ...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.