Review: taking Mucinex Dm and Garlic together
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take Mucinex Dm and Garlic together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex Dm and Garlic. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Garlic >>>
On Mar, 4, 2015: 1 people who takes Mucinex Dm, Garlic is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin)
- Garlic (allium sativum)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take Mucinex Dm and Garlic?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Mucinex Dm and Garlic
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Evening Primrose Oil, Vitamin C, Garlic, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Apple Cider Vinegar for a 50-year old woman with Lumps In The Breasts, Health. The patient has Lumpy Breasts, Runny Nose
- A study of side effects of Garlic for a 95-year old man with Pneumonia. The patient has Dementia (madness)
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex Dm, Delsym for a 30-year old woman with Cough. The patient has Hives
- A study of side effects of Mucinex Dm for a 51-year old man with Cough. The patient has Hearing Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Echinacea, Ativan, Protonix for a 35-year old woman with Inflammation, Life Support, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd. The patient has Chills
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Garlic (allium sativum) is often used to treat blood pressure management. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
- Garlic is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mucinex dm alternatives:
- Garlic alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.