Review: Mucinex Dm and TenexTwitter Facebook Print
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex Dm and Tenex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Tenex >>>
What are the drugs
Mucinex dm (latest outcomes from 625 users) has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Tenex (latest outcomes from 1,114 users) has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 0 people who take Mucinex Dm, Tenex is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin)
- Tenex (guanfacine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mucinex Dm and Tenex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Mucinex Dm and Tenex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Tenex
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm
- support group for people who take Tenex
Latest outcomes in real world:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
(Asked by a 15 year old boy who has Seizures, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and takes Risperdal, Topamax, Onfi, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Phentermine Hydrochloride)
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- My 9 year old son takes guanfacine, hydroxyzine, and depakote for adhd, anxiety, and a mild unspecified mood disorder. are all these medications safe for him?
(Asked by a 9 year old boy who has ADHD, Anxiety, Mood Disorder, and takes Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Depakote Er, Hydroxyzine)
My son is a vibrant 9 year old boy. He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and an unspecified mood disorder. We have tried Adderall, (which kept him awake all night)Concerta and Depakote combo which made him angry all the time. Now we are at a new clinic. He is now prescribed Guanfacine, Depakote ...
- Increasing leg cramps throughout night, loss of interest in sex
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hyper Tension, and takes Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide)
sever incessant muscle cramps nightly reducing sleep; loss of interest in intercouse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
(Posted by a 7 year old boy who has Heavy Breathing, and takes Tenex)
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
(Posted by a 13 year old girl who has Tardive Dyskinesia, and takes Intuniv)
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Sore Throat, Cough, and takes Mucinex Dm)
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
- Vomiting & low blood pressure on 4 ml intuniv
(Posted by a 8 year old boy who has ADHD, Sensory Integrative Dysfunction, and takes Intuniv)
My son (8yrs old) has had an amazing year of improvement during 14 months on intuniv. Last week we increased from 3 to 4 ml because of weight gain and an increase in symptoms. After the third day of the increased dose he complained of a headache and began vomiting, which he continued to do for 6 h ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Tenex (guanfacine hydrochloride) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
- Tenex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mucinex dm alternatives:
- Tenex alternatives:
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of side effects of Intuniv for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Petit Mal Seizure (absence seizures)
Comments: Was on intuniv for about a year was taken off of it and 4 months later noticed he was having absence seizure went and had a eeg done and it showed he was having petit mal seizures
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex Dm, Focalin, Lamisil for a patient with Common Cold, Adhd, Infection - Fungal - Feet.
Comments: first some background of my medication history. since third grade i have taken ADHD medication for focus. the most resent one my doctor has given me is focalin that i now only take for exam weeks. today is the first time i have taken it this year while also taking lamisil for a fungle infection. *I ...
- A study of side effects of Intuniv for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability
Comments: Just started taking the medication 3 days and signs of irritability and sarcasim are there already.
- A study of side effects of Tenex for a patient with Anxiety In Children. The patient has Monsters Attacking Her Feet
Comments: She thinks that monsters or bugs are after her feet at night when she tries to sleep.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.