Review: Mucinex Dm and Tenex
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between Mucinex Dm and Tenex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
What are the drugs
Mucinex dm (latest outcomes from 624 users) has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough.
Tenex (latest outcomes from 1,113 users) has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 0 people who take Mucinex Dm, Tenex is studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin)
- Tenex (guanfacine hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mucinex Dm and Tenex?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking Mucinex Dm and Tenex
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Get connected! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm and Tenex
- support group for people who take Mucinex Dm
- support group for people who take Tenex
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- I have a brother that is 14 years old & his being taking risperdal for 9 years already & i want to know if that medication is causing my brother on over weight, having breast & being aggressive?
Please I need information so I can help my brother because he doesn't talk am his oldest sister thank you
- My 9 year old son takes guanfacine, hydroxyzine, and depakote for adhd, anxiety, and a mild unspecified mood disorder. are all these medications safe for him?
My son is a vibrant 9 year old boy. He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and an unspecified mood disorder. We have tried Adderall, (which kept him awake all night)Concerta and Depakote combo which made him angry all the time. Now we are at a new clinic. He is now prescribed Guanfacine, Depakote ...
- Increasing leg cramps throughout night, loss of interest in sex
sever incessant muscle cramps nightly reducing sleep; loss of interest in intercouse
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Heavy breathing caused from tenex?
My son is on tenex and is doing this heavy breathing. Not sure if its another motor tic or if it is from the medicine. Any other experiences with this and tenex?
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in ...
- Mucinex dm caused balance problems
I bought Mucinex Dm to treat mild symptoms of sore throat and cough. I was following the instructions precisely of the time and the dosages needed. After two days in taking the medication I started to experience balance problems. Suddenly I would feel unsteady and dizzy, and had the feeling that I w ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Mucinex Dm (dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin) is often used to treat cough. Tenex (guanfacine hydrochloride) is often used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Mucinex dm is used in:
- Tenex is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Mucinex dm alternatives:
- Tenex alternatives:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Clonidine, Intuniv for a 12-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Strattera, Guanfacine Hydrochloride for a 7-year old boy who has Anxiety And Add
- Comparions of Strattera, Intuniv for a 14-year old girl who has Anxiety
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.