Review: Nuvigil and Clonazepam drug interactions
This review analyzes the interactions between Nuvigil and Clonazepam. It is created by eHealthMe based on 195 people who have drug interactions while taking the drugs. The review uses reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
What are the drugs
Nuvigil (latest outcomes from 4,351 users) has active ingredients of armodafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy.
Clonazepam (latest outcomes from 41,036 users) has active ingredients of clonazepam. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
On Feb, 28, 2014: 195 people who reported to have interactions when taking Nuvigil, Clonazepam are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- Nuvigil (armodafinil)
- Clonazepam (clonazepam)
Most common interactions experienced by people in the use of Nuvigil, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)||24|
|Headache (pain in head)||23|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||19|
|Intentional Drug Misuse||15|
Most common interactions experienced by people in long term use of Nuvigil, Clonazepam:(click on each outcome to view in-depth analysis, incl. how people recovered)
|Interaction||Number of reports|
|Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)||4|
|Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)||4|
|Pulmonary Embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung)||3|
|Pulmonary Infarction (death of a small area of lung)||2|
How effective are the drugs:
|not at all||somewhat||moderate||high||very high|
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
- Check symptoms: is your symptom caused by a drug or a condition?
- Write a review: share your experience
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nuvigil (armodafinil) is often used to treat narcolepsy. Clonazepam (clonazepam) is often used to treat stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nuvigil is used in:
- Clonazepam is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nuvigil alternatives:
- Clonazepam alternatives:
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
From this study (5 months ago):
I have Raynaud's syndrome, but even while in the office, my arms feel like they are immersed in ice water; my right leg will periodically "buckle" and wobble at the knee while I'm standing at a kitchen counter getting my food ready; my alarm goes off at 6:30, and about 2 days during the week, I hit the snooze button the max # of times and am late for work
I have multiple sclerosis. It's controlled with Copaxone injections.
I also take Vit. D3 2,000 u, a MDV, & Calcium.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- By pegleg: Can benicar cause neurophy
burning pain in arms, hands, legs, and feet..Gets worse at night
- By Ann: What medication can i add to viibryd
very anxious. started Viibryd and waiting for effects. was on lexapro 20 mg did nothing. switched to viibryd on 10mg a few days taking klonopin with the viibryd waiting for effects what else can I add.
- By Tim: Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- By Christa: Zoloft & klonipin created a horrible psychosis
Causes psychosis, bipolar anxiety and seizures. Violence happens on all psychiatric drugs. Curing psychosis and deafness took the complete abandonment of psychiatry.
- By ctcrzy7: Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- By ShayWest: Hyperthyroidism from tasking klonopin
Has anyone developed hyperthyroidism while being on a Klonopin? I've developed hyperthyroidism from taking Klonopin. I've always had problem w my thyroid due to Hasimoto's thyroid. It's an autoimmune disorder. I've been having problems w my weight since 2000. I was told in 2001 I had hyperthyroidism ...
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Horizant, Klonopin, Pristiq, Nuvigil, Concerta, Lexapro for a patient with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, Adhd. The patient has Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable (Movement - uncontrolled or slow), Enuresis (Bedwetting), More Fatigued Over The Past Year, Feeling Cold
- A study of drug interactions between Cranberry, Vesicare, Clonazepam, Mirapex, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Nifedipine, Nuvigil, Ampyra, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Copaxone for a patient with Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Restless Leg Syndrome, Hypertension, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Rectal Prolapse, Fatique, Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Leg Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Gilenya, Clonazepam, Cymbalta, Nuvigil for a patient with Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Siezer, Bipolar 1, Fatigue.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.