Review: NyQuil and Cipro
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between NyQuil and Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take NyQuil and Cipro >>>
What are the drugs
Nyquil (latest outcomes from 1,133 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine. It is often used in cough.
Cipro (latest outcomes from 6,860 users) has active ingredients of ciprofloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in urinary tract infection.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 3 people who take NyQuil, Cipro are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Abdominal Pain Upper||Pain|
|Fear||Disturbance In Attention|
|Musculoskeletal Pain||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
|Circulatory Collapse||Swollen Tongue|
|Pleural Effusion||Tardive Dyskinesia|
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Abdominal Pain Upper||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take NyQuil and Cipro?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking NyQuil and Cipro
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Subscribe the study: get notified of updates
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
You are not alone! Join a related mobile support group:
- support group for people who take NyQuil and Cipro
- support group for people who take Cipro
- support group for people who take NyQuil
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took one a day for them days and now have boils coming up all over me: eye lid, under arms, legs, arms stomach its been about three weeks. how do i make them stop?!!!!!!!!m
I am allergic to PIN and am prescribed Video. I've never had this problem before, I rarely get sick the last time I was prescribed it was eight years ago. I took one for ten days for a throat infection I sustained after being around a two year old who had a very bad cold. I did not pay attention to ...
- What would cause a false positive for methadone
I am testing positive for methadone that I don't take. what will cause a false positive
- I'm taking methananamine hipp so i won't get a uti. i skipped a dose and have a uti. i'm back on the methananamine hipp.can i take cipro with it for the uti?
I skipped a dose of the methenamine hipp. That was a huge no-no. I immediately got a uti. I need an antibiotic asap but I don't know if I can take cipro with the methanimine hipp. Does anybody know i should stop this antiseptic drug and take the antibiotic for now? Thanks so very much!!!!
- Would cipro possibly be responsible for a weak neck /hard to hold up/feels like it will fall off.
Surgery included removal of bladder stones an diverticula in bladder.
- I took too much nyquil and my heart rate has raised. how long does this last?
My boyfriend of two years and I broke up. I freak out took quite a bit of nyquil to sleep and also one Unison sleeping pill. This was around six PM. I also hadn't slept AT ALL the night before. Then at ten pm he shows up with friends and family to help him move his stuff out. I freaked out even wors ...
- Has anyone ever had testicular swelling when on cipro ou flagyl?
My husband is on both of these drugs as well as another for dysentery. Has anyone had problems with testicular swelling using either one of these drugs?
- I have inflamed prostate and swollen ankles and leg pain can someone help
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
- I had blepharoplasty this morning. can i take nyquil tonight
- Can tendon rupture associated with cipro occur years after taking the drug?
took cipro for sinus infection Dec. 2010. 62 yrs.3mo. at time. I am a ballet teacher and when I saw that tendon rupture was a possible side affect questioned prescribing physician and pharmacist about safety of Cipro for me. Both stated that tendon rupture was highly unlikely. In November of 2012 ...
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat common cold. Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Cipro is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nyquil alternatives:
- Cipro alternatives:
Recent related drug studies:
Recent related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Phentermine, Cipro for a 35-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Tramadol, Cipro for a 68-year old woman who has Pain Relief
- Comparions of Cipro, Bactrim for a 49-year old man who has Prostatitis - Chronic
- Comparions of NyQuil, Xyrem for a 20-year old man who has Narcolepsy
- Comparions of NyQuil, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cipro, Macrodantin for a 68-year old woman who has UTI - Chronic Or Recurrent
- Comparions of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Metronidazole for a 44-year old man who has Abdominal Pain Diagnosis
- Comparions of Flagyl, Cipro, Amrix for a 62-year old woman who has Perforation Of The Intestines
- Comparions of Crestor, Nyquil for a 57-year old man who has Cold Sore
- Comparions of Tylenol, DayQuil, NyQuil, Prozac for a 17-year old girl who has Depression - Adolescents
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.