Review: taking NyQuil and Cipro together
Summary: drug interactions are reported only by a few people who take NyQuil and Cipro together.
This review analyzes the effectiveness and drug interactions between NyQuil and Cipro. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3 people who take the same drugs from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take NyQuil and Cipro >>>
On Apr, 13, 2015: 3 people who take NyQuil, Cipro are studied
Drug combinations in study:
- NyQuil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine)
- Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride)
Drug effectiveness over time :
Drug effectiveness by gender :
Drug effectiveness by age :
Most common drug interactions over time * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years||not specified|
|Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
Most common drug interactions by gender * :
|Abdominal Pain Upper||Pain|
|Fear||Disturbance In Attention|
|Musculoskeletal Pain||Sleep Apnoea Syndrome|
|Circulatory Collapse||Swollen Tongue|
|Pleural Effusion||Tardive Dyskinesia|
Most common drug interactions by age * :
|n/a||n/a||n/a||Abdominal Pain Upper||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you take NyQuil and Cipro?
- Personalize this study to your gender and age
- Write a review: share your experience of taking NyQuil and Cipro
- Ask a question: ask patients like you a question
- Post a comment: or see what other people said about the study
- Join a related support group
Recent related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a 15-year old girl with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Discomfort, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Cipro, Lisinopril, Flomax for a 56-year old man with Prostatitis, Hbp, Bph. The patient has Pain - Testicle(s)
- A study of drug interactions between Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Cipro for a 65-year old man with Muscle Rigidity, Uti.
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a 45-year old woman with Urinary Tract Disorder. The patient has Flank Pain
Complete drug side effects:
On eHealthMe, Nyquil (acetaminophen; dextromethorphan; doxylamine; pseudoephedrine) is often used to treat the flu. Cipro (ciprofloxacin hydrochloride) is often used to treat urinary tract infection. Find out below the conditions the drugs are used for, how effective they are, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
- Nyquil is used in:
- Cipro is used in:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
- Nyquil alternatives:
- Cipro alternatives:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are also considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.